Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:54 AM   #1
mufaro89
macrumors newbie

macbook pro 2009 screen black

OK so my problem is my Mac book screen is black after googling I realized I sorta broke the link to the display connector,I have read your guide on how to hook up a Mac book pro to a TV/HDMI display would this still work for me ?even though I have no way of seeing the screen on my Mac if I hooked the cords/adaptors up to my Mac and closed the lid would it still switch to HDMI display on my vizio please and ty
mufaro89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:19 PM   #2
MeUnix
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufaro89 View Post
OK so my problem is my Mac book screen is black after googling I realized I sorta broke the link to the display connector,I have read your guide on how to hook up a Mac book pro to a TV/HDMI display would this still work for me ?even though I have no way of seeing the screen on my Mac if I hooked the cords/adaptors up to my Mac and closed the lid would it still switch to HDMI display on my vizio please and ty
Hooking the MacBook Pro up to the TV should work as long as the computer still boots up when turned on. As for closing the lid, it depends on if you have it set to go to sleep when the lid is closed, etc. Also, closing the lid on a laptop hooked up to a television wouldn't do you any good unless you had an external keyboard and mouse.

Give it a shot and hook it up. It should work.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help