Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:15 PM   #1
britneyfan
macrumors 6502

Where to reserve iPhone 5s?

Is there anywhere that I can do that?
I saw some people reserved at Target but I called the 1-800 number and I couldn't
britneyfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:17 PM   #2
spblat
macrumors 6502a

Nope. Unless you find an employee with the willingness and ability to risk their job for you, not going to happen.

I've been wondering if it's possible to use the App Store app to reserve a 5S at 12:01 AM Friday for pickup that day in an Apple store, but I expect this will not be possible either.

They want the nationwide big lines for Friday's nightly news.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:18 PM   #3
user-name-here
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by britneyfan View Post
Is there anywhere that I can do that?
I saw some people reserved at Target but I called the 1-800 number and I couldn't
Call up your local target store -> ask for electronics -> ask for the person who sells cell phones -> ask them to be put on the reservation list for the iPhone 5s -> give them your email and phone # and pray they aren't simply lying to you about reservations.
user-name-here is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:25 PM   #4
Icculus
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Icculus Send a message via MSN to Icculus Send a message via Yahoo to Icculus
Quote:
Originally Posted by user-name-here View Post
Call up your local target store -> ask for electronics -> ask for the person who sells cell phones -> ask them to be put on the reservation list for the iPhone 5s -> give them your email and phone # and pray they aren't simply lying to you about reservations.
I have my reservation at 3 target's did them all yesterday, called back today got new CSR reps and they all verified my information. They told me I would be getting an e-mail tomorrow afternoon letting me know when I can pick it up.

Take this for face value, just thought I would share my experience.

Also Radioshack is taking reservations as well.
Icculus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:48 PM   #5
StevenS2k5
macrumors newbie

I went to my Target store instead of calling. They have a whole reservation system in their computers. Seems pretty legit to me. As long as they get a shipment in, I don't see any problems
StevenS2k5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:53 PM   #6
mr1581
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenS2k5 View Post
I went to my Target store instead of calling. They have a whole reservation system in their computers. Seems pretty legit to me. As long as they get a shipment in, I don't see any problems
Key Words..... If they get their shipment in...
mr1581 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:56 PM   #7
StevenS2k5
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1581 View Post
Key Words..... If they get their shipment in...
Right. Since there is no account or credit card info required to reserve one, it doesn't hurt to get on the list. If it doesn't come in, there is an Apple store across the street
Old Sep 18, 2013, 01:16 PM   #8
Macinstache
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenS2k5 View Post
I saw this thread and just called my local Target. Got the electronics worker, I asked if I could reserve a 5s, she says "you can pre-order it". I proceeded to explain to her that its the 5s I want not the 5c. She said "yeah I know let me transfer you to the general manager".

The manager says he is taking pre-orders, that hes had 10 people call up today for Verison but I'm the first for Sprint (finally worth it). He says that they will send out an email when when my phone is in and to respond within 48 hrs or it will go to the next person. Since I'm at the top of the list for Sprint he told me that I could come right in on Friday even if I don't get an email. Pretty ballsy on his part. If he doesn't have it he'll sure be surprised when someone my size smacks him for wasting my time.

By the way I also did this with 2 Sprint stores yesterday but this was the most confident I felt about getting one on Friday.
Macinstache is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 01:24 PM   #9
jvdrummer182
macrumors regular

I called my local target and was told they will take reservations without any money down for the 5s in stores but are not sure if they will get stock on Friday.
jvdrummer182 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 01:58 PM   #10
TAI182
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macinstache View Post
I saw this thread and just called my local Target. Got the electronics worker, I asked if I could reserve a 5s, she says "you can pre-order it". I proceeded to explain to her that its the 5s I want not the 5c. She said "yeah I know let me transfer you to the general manager".

The manager says he is taking pre-orders, that hes had 10 people call up today for Verison but I'm the first for Sprint (finally worth it). He says that they will send out an email when when my phone is in and to respond within 48 hrs or it will go to the next person. Since I'm at the top of the list for Sprint he told me that I could come right in on Friday even if I don't get an email. Pretty ballsy on his part. If he doesn't have it he'll sure be surprised when someone my size smacks him for wasting my time.

By the way I also did this with 2 Sprint stores yesterday but this was the most confident I felt about getting one on Friday.
Target is talking about their reservation system, which is not the same as a pre-order. I also reserved one at Target, so let's hope it works out.
TAI182 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:31 PM   #11
StevenS2k5
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAI182 View Post
Target is talking about their reservation system, which is not the same as a pre-order. I also reserved one at Target, so let's hope it works out.
Right. The big difference, that they explained to me, is the pre-orders for the 5c are guaranteed to come in Friday where they do not know the stock of the 5s. Reservation guarantees your spot in line whenever they do arrive if you still want it.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 04:38 PM   #12
Glaxx
macrumors regular

The local Target let me "reserve" a 5s.

They said:
1) Not guaranteed to come on Friday
2) Has to be used on an upgrade purchase, no full price or non-contract
3) They don't expect anything other than 16GB
4) I'll get an email when they know they have stock
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:22 PM   #13
albert0905
macrumors newbie

i saw there system and there was only 16 gb and 32 gb... they did not have any 64 gb for order
albert0905 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:43 PM   #14
jvdrummer182
macrumors regular

I can also verify that Target does not have the 64GB available for reservation.
jvdrummer182 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:56 PM   #15
bigjim83
macrumors 6502

If target is in fact doing pre orders I still wouldn't hold your breath. These retailers don't get large shipments of iPhones during release. Most of the stock goes to apple stores and then it's divide up to the rest.
bigjim83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 08:42 PM   #16
KdParker
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim83 View Post
If target is in fact doing pre orders I still wouldn't hold your breath. These retailers don't get large shipments of iPhones during release. Most of the stock goes to apple stores and then it's divide up to the rest.
Target is a huge retailer for iPhones so they will get a good number of phones, I bet to get most if not all the stores will get 10 or more basic models, so if you are high on the reservation list then you have a good chance of getting your phone.

Last edited by KdParker; Sep 18, 2013 at 08:58 PM.
KdParker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 08:43 PM   #17
phpmaven
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by KdParker View Post
Target is a huge retailer for iPhones so they will get a good number of phones, I bet to get most if not all the stores 10 or more basic models, so if you are high on the reservation list then you have a good chance of getting your phone.
10 is a good number of phones
phpmaven is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 09:00 PM   #18
KdParker
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by phpmaven View Post
10 is a good number of phones
for each store in the US...I would call that a good number of phones.
KdParker is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone