Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

david19au

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2013
The title says all :
Can i downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.4 using SHSH blobs from iPhone 5 (global) PS i dont know if this is right section

david19au

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2013
Exactly.
Even though you have them saved currently they cannot be used to downgrade an iphone 5 or 4S.
Once you go up and apple stops signing the older firmware you're stuck there.

Ok so thank you guys i was wanna to try and see the iOS 7... And is someone knowing when will be iOS 7 released?

david19au

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2013
iOS 7 is released right now.

If you meant a jailbreak, should have stated it but you didn't make any mention if it, hence the confusion

Oh i am so sorry guys i have miswritten and yes i now meant JB because i have forggetten write it

bclizzle

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2009
forgive my ignorance... I have not educated myself on this at all, im a amateur jailbreaker.

Im running IOS 6.1, what would be my plan of attack if I wanted to upgrade to ios7, and just incase wanted to downgrade back to my 6.1 w/jailbreak?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
forgive my ignorance... I have not educated myself on this at all, im a amateur jailbreaker.

Im running IOS 6.1, what would be my plan of attack if I wanted to upgrade to ios7, and just incase wanted to downgrade back to my 6.1 w/jailbreak?

if you're running 6.1 on a 4, download iFaith (windows only) and dump your iOS 6.1 shsh blobs so you can downgrade

If you're running 6.1 on a 4S or 5, once you upgrade to IOS 7, you can not downgrade back to 6.1 to jailbreak

----------

Oh i am so sorry guys i have miswritten and yes i now meant JB because i have forggetten write it

The jailbreak for iOS 7 will probably come sometime next year (january-march). Probably a little after 7.1 is out

curiosity

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2013
I ordered an iPhone 4s from Apple which will have iOS 7 pre-installed, so I'd like to know if there is a way to get iOS 6 on that device in the next few days before they close signing windows for iOS 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.