Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:40 PM   #26
mjb1975
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikal90 View Post
And it begins. Just as anticipated
Yep. This is what long time iOS users would complain about when trying Android for the first time. Its not laggy, its the animation.
mjb1975 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:41 PM   #27
C DM
macrumors G5
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lite View Post
The apps have changed with the interface. It's the full package of the native apps.

These colors are too gimmicky.
Same stuff as was already revealed and all over Apple's web site for 3 months now...nothing new.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:42 PM   #28
3lite
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
3lite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
Same stuff as was already revealed and all over Apple's web site for 3 months now...nothing new.
Too bad they didn't reveal the 2 second delay animation feature. They should give us the option to turn off that animation delay instead of giving us the option of choosing form 5 different color iPhones.
3lite is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:42 PM   #29
matttye
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lincoln, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
Same here, my iPhone 5 took about 20 minutes to download and the performance of iOS7 has been buttery smooth (to steal an android comment)
Apple did their 'project butter' in v1.0 rather than v4.1
__________________
iPad 2 16GB Black (WiFi+3G) -- iPhone 5s 64GB Space Grey.
matttye is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:43 PM   #30
twisdit
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington DC
UI kind of laggy on my 4S. Its okay though, im getting the 5S Friday
twisdit is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:44 PM   #31
3lite
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
3lite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
And the new search thing is pretty clunky too. I'm use to swiping whatever to switch between screens from left-right now sometimes it thinks I am trying to search and oh god to get out of the search engine is slow as hell too.
3lite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:44 PM   #32
Zerilos
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lite View Post
Too bad they didn't reveal the 2 second delay animation feature. They should give us the option to turn off that animation delay instead of giving us the option of choosing form 5 different color iPhones.
First: Two seconds is a total lie, not anywhere near that slow (less than a second).
Second: They did reveal it day one.
Zerilos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:45 PM   #33
jenni122701
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: (Western) North Carolina, USA
Got iOS 7 on my 3rd gen iPad now. Seems to be running fairly smooth right now. Short lags when doing a few things but nothing much.
__________________
~Jenni~
My devices:
iPad 2
iPhone 5C
jenni122701 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:45 PM   #34
Ayemerica
macrumors 6502a
 
Ayemerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
No problems here.

itunes 11.1 did delete 70% of my podcasts though
__________________
iPhone 5S 16GB Space Grey - iPad 4 32GB Black - Mac mini 2012
Ayemerica is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:46 PM   #35
matttye
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lincoln, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lite View Post
And the new search thing is pretty clunky too. I'm use to swiping whatever to switch between screens from left-right now sometimes it thinks I am trying to search and oh god to get out of the search engine is slow as hell too.
I get the feeling you're complaining for the sake of complaining now. Takes about a quarter of a second to get out of the search screen.
__________________
iPad 2 16GB Black (WiFi+3G) -- iPhone 5s 64GB Space Grey.
matttye is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:47 PM   #36
C DM
macrumors G5
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lite View Post
Too bad they didn't reveal the 2 second delay animation feature. They should give us the option to turn off that animation delay instead of giving us the option of choosing form 5 different color iPhones.
I agree on that part. Unfortunately, as many multi-page threads in this forum on this topic over the past few months will demonstrate, is that it is the way it is and nothing can be done about it short of Apple doing it in some update (or perhaps a jailbreak tweak doing it if/when a jailbreak would become available). There's really nothing more to it.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:49 PM   #37
C DM
macrumors G5
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by matttye View Post
I get the feeling you're complaining for the sake of complaining now. Takes about a quarter of a second to get out of the search screen.
All these things do exist, and many many have noticed them and discussed them in many threads here over the past 3 months. That said, not much can be done about any of them unless/until Apple does something in some update (or a jailbreak becomes available).
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:52 PM   #38
Zerilos
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lite View Post
The apps have changed with the interface. It's the full package of the native apps.

These colors are too gimmicky.
How did you not know that these changes were present in iOS7!?!?!?! Did you really upgrade to iOS 7 without knowing anything about it? The new icons were revealed day on June 20th!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
All these things do exist, and many many have noticed them and discussed them in many threads here over the past 3 months. That said, not much can be done about any of them unless/until Apple does something in some update (or a jailbreak becomes available).
But he's grossly exaggerating the severity of the problem IMHO.
Zerilos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:52 PM   #39
matttye
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lincoln, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
All these things do exist, and many many have noticed them and discussed them in many threads here over the past 3 months. That said, not much can be done about any of them unless/until Apple does something in some update (or a jailbreak becomes available).
There's a delay when unlocking and even a slight delay when minimising apps, but I'm not seeing anything I'd consider a delay when backing out of the search screen.

I did a search for 'twitter' using spotlight search then I hit 'cancel' and it takes me back to the home screen immediately.

I'm not saying the delay isn't a problem; I'm saying there's no delay
__________________
iPad 2 16GB Black (WiFi+3G) -- iPhone 5s 64GB Space Grey.
matttye is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:53 PM   #40
CaptainFS
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
I agree on that part. Unfortunately, as many multi-page threads in this forum on this topic over the past few months will demonstrate, is that it is the way it is and nothing can be done about it short of Apple doing it in some update (or perhaps a jailbreak tweak doing it if/when a jailbreak would become available). There's really nothing more to it.
Downgrade back to previous iOS. My keyboard sometimes doesn't respond or pops up really slow switching numbers lags as well etc. Ipad3 you know, this really old tabled, the iphone3g of the ipads
CaptainFS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:58 PM   #41
C DM
macrumors G5
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerilos View Post
How did you not know that these changes were present in iOS7!?!?!?! Did you really upgrade to iOS 7 without knowing anything about it? The new icons were revealed day on June 20th!

----------



But he's grossly exaggerating the severity of the problem IMHO.
It's noticeably slower for those who use their phone quickly and have been able to do that without issues in previous iOS versions. Again, brought up by many in previous threads about this. Sure, it doesn't really apply to everyone--some don't even really notice the difference, some notice it but don't care, some even like the animations as the looks are more important to them than speed. But the difference is there, and affects some people more than others.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:59 PM   #42
Zerilos
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by matttye View Post
There's a delay when unlocking and even a slight delay when minimising apps, but I'm not seeing anything I'd consider a delay when backing out of the search screen.

I did a search for 'twitter' using spotlight search then I hit 'cancel' and it takes me back to the home screen immediately.

I'm not saying the delay isn't a problem; I'm saying there's no delay
Agreed. the Animations are over before I'd realistically be able to have done anything anyway. In practical terms it's as fast as iOS 6 IMHO.
Zerilos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:01 PM   #43
C DM
macrumors G5
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerilos View Post
Agreed. the Animations are over before I'd realistically be able to have done anything anyway. In practical terms it's as fast as iOS 6 IMHO.
Perhaps for you, but not many others. The other factor that plays into this is that the animations can't be interrupted--you can't even do anything else even if you wanted to until they are done.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:01 PM   #44
Zerilos
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
It's noticeably slower for those who use their phone quickly and have been able to do that without issues in previous iOS versions. Again, brought up by many in previous threads about this. Sure, it doesn't really apply to everyone--some don't even really notice the difference, some notice it but don't care, some even like the animations as the looks are more important to them than speed. But the difference is there, and affects some people more than others.
I agree that the unlock animations could potentially result in a tiny delay in the time it would take a particularly fast users to interact with the screen (not me personally but I can see it hypothetically).
Zerilos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:04 PM   #45
3lite
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
3lite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Also, I can't swipe to delete anymore on the mail app? Jesus christ man.
3lite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:06 PM   #46
matttye
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lincoln, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lite View Post
Also, I can't swipe to delete anymore on the mail app? Jesus christ man.
Swipe left.
__________________
iPad 2 16GB Black (WiFi+3G) -- iPhone 5s 64GB Space Grey.
matttye is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:15 PM   #47
estockme
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Maybe this just leads to them allowing a choice of speeds later.
estockme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:16 PM   #48
Thierry ba
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lite View Post
-Locking the phone
-Unlocking the phone
-Opening a folder

And it looks and feels too much like a Windows phone. Wtf?

Also, the icons are way too big. They need to make it 5 on each block again.
You're slow. We knew its slow 3 months ago.
Thierry ba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:17 PM   #49
R.Stoychev
macrumors 6502a
 
R.Stoychev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
I am okay with the update, it is running really smooth and fast, love the new shortcuts !
__________________
iPhone 5 white, iPhone 4 black
Google nexus 7 2013 32gb LTE
R.Stoychev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:18 PM   #50
squirrrl
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Lag updating iCloud Settings?

It's taking a long time updating the iCloud Settings. Anyone else have this problem? (5th gen ipod touch)
squirrrl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How slow is iOS 7 on an iPhone 4? samqthegame iOS 7 14 Apr 3, 2014 06:56 PM
IOS 7 keyboard slow! Communicator iOS 7 32 Oct 24, 2013 05:54 PM
Does the latest version of iOS 6 slow down/drain the 4S any more than iOS 5.01? TH55 iPhone 0 Sep 20, 2013 03:44 PM
iPad: iOS 7 beta 3 slow on iPad 3rd generation... parallels in iOS 6/5 betas? BadBadPhillyBro iOS 7 1 Jul 10, 2013 09:38 AM
Is ipad 3 slow on ios 6? FatPuppy iOS 6 21 Nov 5, 2012 01:52 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC