Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:03 PM   #1
3rdiguy
macrumors 6502

No Panoramic Wallpapers

I was really looking forward to this. Do you think they may bring it back in a future update?
3rdiguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:19 PM   #2
steveza
macrumors 65816

What phone do you have? Works fine on my i5

Last edited by steveza; Sep 19, 2013 at 02:05 AM.
steveza is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:22 PM   #3
psylence2k
macrumors member

I can't get the panoramic effect either. It puts my panoramic photos in a separate "panorama photos" folder but when I set them to lock or home screen they dont do any type of panoramic effect.

Anyone know how to fix this ?
psylence2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 06:22 PM   #4
millk18
macrumors member

I don't have panoramic function either. I tried a previous pan photo. Nothing. So I created a new pan photo. Nothing. The screen tells me to Move and Scale. You YouTube videos I watched indicated it should read Wallpaper Preview.

And the pinch & zoom feature is not working either. Can't scale.

Any settings I'm not using?

BUMMER!
millk18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 06:23 PM   #5
batting1000
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by millk18 View Post
And the pinch & zoom feature is not working either. Can't scale.
Turn on Reduce Motion in Settings > General > Accessibility. The Parallax feature disables the scaling.
batting1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 04:05 AM   #6
MalusSylvestris
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveza View Post
What phone do you have? Works fine on my i5
You are running a beta? Panoramic wallpaper was dropped from the final release. You still get slight parallax movement but not the full scrolling effect. Quite disappointing, hopefully it will be back in the next update.
MalusSylvestris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 05:06 AM   #7
steveza
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalusSylvestris View Post
You are running a beta? Panoramic wallpaper was dropped from the final release. You still get slight parallax movement but not the full scrolling effect. Quite disappointing, hopefully it will be back in the next update.
Nope - GM, but you are correct parallax works pano not so much.
steveza is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 06:24 AM   #8
MalusSylvestris
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveza View Post
Nope - GM, but you are correct parallax works pano not so much.
Yes, they're too different things. Parallax works with any pic, not just panoramas. The panorama effect was meant to scroll right from one end of the image to the other.
MalusSylvestris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 06:41 AM   #9
jclardy
macrumors 68020

You know what, I am going to take a bet - this will be a 5s only feature, available out of the box. It appears to use the gyroscope versus the accelerometer for the normal parallax.

And the 5s has the M7, so might as well give it an exclusive feature to take advantage of it...
Old Sep 19, 2013, 01:08 PM   #10
millk18
macrumors member

Thanks for the tip about reducing motion. Seems counterproductive, though, if you need that set to "off" in order to enjoy panoramic wallpaper. And I say, enjoy, because iOS7 is a winner in my book.

With regard to panaromic wallpaper being a 5s feature, it has not been written as that and, as well, all those YouTube videos demonstrating panoramic wallpapers can't be using a 5s.

It seems panoramic wallpaper was in beta up to the latter releases. I suppose it will make its way back? Hmmm...
Old Sep 19, 2013, 02:05 PM   #11
millk18
macrumors member

I'm not sure what everyone else has but I have an iPhone 5 as well. I tried an existing pan photo... nothing. I tried a new pan photo... nothing. All were stored in the "My Panoramas" folder (or whatever).

This is certainly a first world problem but I sure would like to get it to work.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 02:56 PM   #12
Merkyworks
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclardy View Post
You know what, I am going to take a bet - this will be a 5s only feature, available out of the box. It appears to use the gyroscope versus the accelerometer for the normal parallax.

And the 5s has the M7, so might as well give it an exclusive feature to take advantage of it...

That my be the case cause I read that Apple pulled panoramic wallpapers in one of the beta's and it hasnt come back. I also bet a 5s will have better battery life with parallax because the M7 will do the work unlike a 4s, 5 or 5c which off loads it to the CPU.
Merkyworks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:46 PM   #13
saleemyas3
macrumors regular

I had a panoramic wallpaper set up since beta 2. Since then i've removed the beta, got back on at beta 4, and updated ever since then (updated to public release via DFU mode) and I still get the panoramic lock screen (full scrolling). Am i just lucky? I'm trying to do it on other people's phones and it won't work.
saleemyas3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7