Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WuLabswuTecH

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
I was getting ready to install iOS 7 on my iPod touch to check it out before I do the same for my other devices, so I backed it up to iTunes on my PC, and then noticed this:

iOS 6.0.1

A newer version of the iPod software is available (version 6.1.3). To update your iPod with the latest software, click Update.

So do I really have to serially update iOS through all of the updates since iOS 6.0.1 first before updating to iOS 7????? If so, this is gonna take awhile...

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
You shouldn't have to, probably it is just an error with the server, and it isn't seeing that iOS 7 is available, since so many people are trying to download iOS 7

WuLabswuTecH

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
it is the newest one so I would imagine it is! I cannot see the update for iOS 7 on the OTA option either. I just keep seeing that 6.1.3 one.

But the other poster that said it's not available because the server crashed may be on the right track. I'll try again in the morning or later this weekend!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.