Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 18, 2013, 06:12 PM   #1
Donson
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Carolina
How to Transfer Items to iTunes Library from iPhone 5

When trying to update my iPhone 5 and 2nd gen iPad, I keep getting this message. I really have no idea what this means or how to do this transfer.

"There are purchased items on the iPhone “Donald's iPhone” that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. You should transfer these items to your iTunes library before updating this iPhone. Are you sure you want to continue?"

Can you help?

Donson
Donson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 06:39 PM   #2
Kubaton
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donson View Post
When trying to update my iPhone 5 and 2nd gen iPad, I keep getting this message. I really have no idea what this means or how to do this transfer.

"There are purchased items on the iPhone “Donald's iPhone” that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. You should transfer these items to your iTunes library before updating this iPhone. Are you sure you want to continue?"

Can you help?

Donson
Choose to show the sidebar and right-click on your device in the sidebar and choose Transfer Purchases. Hopefully that will work.
Kubaton is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 06:55 PM   #3
Aylan
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubaton View Post
Choose to show the sidebar and right-click on your device in the sidebar and choose Transfer Purchases. Hopefully that will work.
This will do the trick
Aylan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 09:31 PM   #4
chuckput
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Talking Xfer purchases to iTunes

I got the same message tonight, before updating to iOS7, then found the answer here.
Thanks folks, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge!!!

Long live the 'free' internet!!!!
chuckput is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2013, 01:12 AM   #5
Kubaton
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckput View Post
I got the same message tonight, before updating to iOS7, then found the answer here.
Thanks folks, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge!!!

Long live the 'free' internet!!!!
I'm glad it helped you. It's nice to give back to the community. Lord knows I've needed the knowledge of others countless times.
Kubaton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 07:34 AM   #6
Donson
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Carolina
After asking this question, I soon discovered the answer - it is the same as the one Kubaton advised and it is comforting to have his confirmation,

Thank you very much for your help.

Donson
Donson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 09:04 AM   #7
chuckput
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thumbs up Thanks Kubaton!

Yep, I got the same message, found your post and it worked.

"Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality."
Dalai Lama[COLOR="#808080"]
chuckput is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC