Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fatush

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
My iphone 5 is a 6.1.3 jailbroken, I tried to update to iOS 7, Ive received error number 6 when trying to do that, and my iphone got into the recovery loop, now ive had some before on my previous iphone 4s and ive managed to get out of that loop with the program Tiny Umbrella, just get into dfu mode and press Fix recovery. well Ive been doing it for the past 2 hours on my iphone 5, the log on tiny umbrella says "Fix Recovery has finished. Allow device to reboot!" But the iPhone just WONT BOOT, the screen stays blank like in the dfu mode, power button wont boot it, the only thing that boots it is a hard reset, and that just brings me back to the loop hole... I dont want to reset my iphone completly because ill lose alot of the content i have on it..

Any ideas why I cant seem to boot my iphone after Fix Recovery?
:confused:

gnychis

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
I'm also stuck here. I think that the "Fix recovery" thing was only meant to work for iPhones pre-4S. Because redsn0w has this same functionality and it complains that my iPhone is too new. If anyone knows how to fix the recovery loop on newer iPhones, I'd also love an answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.