Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
I just updated info on my apple account and got an email saying I updated what I updated and to reset my account if I didn't.

But- the date on it was 9/19/2013. It said that was today's date. I'm crazy to think that they are going to open sales tonight since that email is a day ahead right? I'm in EST so its not 9/19 for me or them so what's up with that?

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
I just updated info on my apple account and got an email saying I updated what I updated and to reset my account if I didn't.

But- the date on it was 9/19/2013. It said that was today's date. I'm crazy to think that they are going to open sales tonight since that email is a day ahead right? I'm in EST so its not 9/19 for me or them so what's up with that?

Is this just to update your account?

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
Is this just to update your account?

I updated the shipping address for express checkout and when finished, I got an email, well here I'll show you. This is what I got. (Of course on the apple style background but I copied and pasted)

Hello,

The following information for your Apple ID [removed id] was updated on 09/19/2013:

Shipping and/or billing address

If these changes were made in error, or if you believe an unauthorized person accessed your account, please reset your account password immediately by going to iforgot.apple.com.

To review and update your security settings, sign in to appleid.apple.com.

This is an automated message. Please do not reply to this email. If you need additional help, visit Apple Support.

Thanks,
Apple Customer Support

Yoonoo

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2011

That date most likely reflects the GMT/UTC timezone which is EST+4 .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.