Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdzialak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
My daughter got iOs7 from the internet last week. It's fine, no glitches, but without the new ringtones. She can't get today's update because it shows that she's up to date. I tried finding an iOs 6 version to downgrade to, but I get errors when trying to downgrade. Ideas?

gonzalo12345

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
My daughter got iOs7 from the internet last week. It's fine, no glitches, but without the new ringtones. She can't get today's update because it shows that she's up to date. I tried finding an iOs 6 version to downgrade to, but I get errors when trying to downgrade. Ideas?

download the update thru apple's website or developers site, connect phone to itunes and check for update while holding option key. Select the firmware and wait for it to install.

You should post these type of questions in the iOS7 board.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Use google to find procedure for past beta to release conversions. I forget the details but you should be able to do a Restore from iTunes. Be aware that the ios7 download server seems overloaded right now, so best to wait a day or two probably.

jdzialak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Thanks. I tried a restore through iTunes.
"There was a problem downloading the software. The requested source was not found"
Maybe its just because the servers are hammered right now?

chumawumba

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
Ask the NSA
Thanks. I tried a restore through iTunes.
"There was a problem downloading the software. The requested source was not found"
Maybe its just because the servers are hammered right now?

Go on your developer account and - Oh wait you've probably obtained it illegally, no?

jdzialak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Ha. Because no one on here had beta without being a developer...
My daughter easily found it on the net. She's 14. Could not have been that hard.

jdzialak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Agreed. I told her she'll have to wait for the next bug fix update, no doubt coming out within the first week. thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.