Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Sep 19, 2013, 04:12 AM   #1
riko
macrumors member

Problem updating apps in iOS 7

hi guys

I updated my 4s to ios7 last night through itunes and everything seemed to go well. This morning I started to install some app updates from the store and noticed the the app icon on my home screen did not have any animation to show it was updating or installing. I also didnt get the little blue dot to show it had installed. But the updates did apply and I could launch the app. After rebooting my phone all the apps that I have updated were now stuck on waiting even though they were actually installed! Anyone seen anything like this? My friends 4s all update their apps correctly.

I did go directly from ios 5 to ios 7. Not sure if that has caused an issue or not.
riko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 05:01 AM   #2
Goldex
macrumors member

My Apps won't update at all since this morning...
Goldex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 05:09 AM   #3
navodwickra
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by riko View Post
hi guys

I updated my 4s to ios7 last night through itunes and everything seemed to go well. This morning I started to install some app updates from the store and noticed the the app icon on my home screen did not have any animation to show it was updating or installing. I also didnt get the little blue dot to show it had installed. But the updates did apply and I could launch the app. After rebooting my phone all the apps that I have updated were now stuck on waiting even though they were actually installed! Anyone seen anything like this? My friends 4s all update their apps correctly.

I did go directly from ios 5 to ios 7. Not sure if that has caused an issue or not.
Yeah that happens to me too on my iPhone 5. I think I saw that couple of times yesterday because the appstore is so overloaded with all the updates and people are tying to download them. Give it some time probably 10 min and if still the same then give it a reboot.
navodwickra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 05:16 AM   #4
macrumors newbie

I haven't tried updating apps since I've updated all of mine these last few days but I went ahead to download an App but the only thing that happens is that the circle starts spinning to the right of the app. When i go to the home-screen i an see a grew logo, which is where the app icon will be when it's done downloading but it just says waiting. After it has been there for about a minute or two, it disappears...

Has anyone had this issue?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 07:28 AM   #5
riko
macrumors member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by navodwickra View Post
Yeah that happens to me too on my iPhone 5. I think I saw that couple of times yesterday because the appstore is so overloaded with all the updates and people are tying to download them. Give it some time probably 10 min and if still the same then give it a reboot.
Been a couple of hours now and I still have waiting apps. Rebooted loads of times. Like I said my 2 friends iphones update apps without an issue, they get the home screen animation and blue dot. I think my iphone has a problem
Old Sep 19, 2013, 08:00 AM   #6
NNowak19
macrumors newbie

No Updates

Still the same problem here, I go to updates in the App Store and it says they are all up to date when I know they are not and I had 3 notifications telling me I had updates available...
NNowak19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 08:26 AM   #7
navodwickra
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by riko View Post
Been a couple of hours now and I still have waiting apps. Rebooted loads of times. Like I said my 2 friends iphones update apps without an issue, they get the home screen animation and blue dot. I think my iphone has a problem
Hmmm, how about a restore then?
navodwickra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:27 AM   #8
riko
macrumors member

Yeah looks like I'll need to do a restore and then restore my backup. If it still does it I might need to setup as a new phone.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:31 AM   #9
neotope
macrumors regular

The load on the App Store is probably extremely high so it might take a few days to clear up. I have found that I can manually update app if I search for them and then just click on the Update button. I did this for Alien Blue, Twitter and Facebook. The App Store was much more responsive this morning when I was checking around 5 AM so off hours are probably best as well.

I shutter to think of all the bandwidth iOS 7, iTunes 11.1 and all the new updates are using up.
neotope is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7