Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 19, 2013, 06:42 AM   #1
MaxPayneX
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
iOS 7.0.2 Updates

3 things that Apple need to include in this build as a must.

1. Application folders, massive fail.
Grey colour - fail (why no transparancy options)
Taking ages to load and taking up full screen - fail
Do people want this slowness, no.

2. No Kill switch to close all apps, been wanting this for years like many others.
Conspiracy, Apple wish for you to run apps in the background.
How annoying is the stupid swipe to close apps you spend 5 minutes.
Solution: Apple add Kill all switch and allow users to use old style of close.
Again toggle switch.

3. Safari, buttons disappearing as raised in another thread.
A switch to change this at least = Solution switch to Chrome.
So goodbye Safari finally a reason.

I wait till the next release and hope.
MaxPayneX is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 06:48 AM   #2
Paradoxally
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
1. They work just fine, I don't see the issue. The folders are semi-transparent on an iPhone 5 at least, not grey.
2. Not gonna happen, not needed either.
3. That's by design, it's meant to disappear to allow more content to be viewed. The bar pops up with a tap or scrolling back up. Again, I don't see the issue.
Paradoxally is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 06:56 AM   #3
MaxPayneX
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxally View Post
1. They work just fine, I don't see the issue. The folders are semi-transparent on an iPhone 5 at least, not grey.
2. Not gonna happen, not needed either.
3. That's by design, it's meant to disappear to allow more content to be viewed. The bar pops up with a tap or scrolling back up. Again, I don't see the issue.
Issue is, everything becomes slower and more time needed to accomplish same goals as before, iOS6 - quick and to the point.
MaxPayneX is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 06:58 AM   #4
Paradoxally
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPayneX View Post
Issue is, everything becomes slower and more time needed to accomplish same goals as before, iOS6 - quick and to the point.
No. Animations are the only things that are slower than iOS 6. The rest is simply because you aren't used to using iOS 7 yet, as many people aren't either. I got used to it after two weeks or so.

iOS 6 is history.
Paradoxally is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 06:58 AM   #5
HengenJL
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Leave feedback with Apple. http://www.apple.com/feedback/
__________________
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | 2.67GHz Core i7 | 24GB RAM | 1GB Radeon 4870
iPad mini 16GB | Retina iPad 32GB | iPad 2 16GB | iPad 64GB | iPhone 5 32 GB
HengenJL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 06:59 AM   #6
maflynn
Moderator
 
maflynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPayneX View Post
1. Application folders, massive fail
I would say its a massive fail, but tweaking the look will be nice

Quote:
2. No Kill switch to close all apps, been wanting this for years like many others.
Never going to happen, even in Android there's really no need for this. Apple's memory management is setup that background apps don't need to be killed, let alone all of them at once. People (and I include myself) kill off a handful as I need to


Quote:
3. Safari, buttons disappearing as raised in another thread.
Agreed, this is annoying and I hope its fixed
__________________
~Mike Flynn
maflynn is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 07:09 AM   #7
MaxPayneX
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
You really think Apple read the feedback and do something about it.
Yeh right its just a tick in the companies books to make sure consumers are happy and any laws not broken blah blah.

1) Yes tweaking can help especially the animation speed.
If it was a faster open and close process then I can live with it.
I dunno why they wish to help people who have every single app they bought installed on the phone. I think you should be allowed to only add 6to9 app in a folder.

2) I understand, but reason I ask for this is: Most apps developed need to be freshen every so often by closing and opening them again. The habit of trying save battery by closing apps user not needing. Yes do not be fooled, some apps transmitting data all the time.

3) I don't remember this being a requested feature by anyone in the Apple public, but we can remove this request as there many other browsers out there.
MaxPayneX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 07:34 AM   #8
mattburley7
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
im more interested on when we will see this released and what it will fix. im assuming sometime in late october around mavericks and new ipads being released?
mattburley7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 07:37 AM   #9
jonasdamn
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburley7 View Post
im more interested on when we will see this released and what it will fix. im assuming sometime in late october around mavericks and new ipads being released?
there could be 7.0.1/7.0.2 for bugfixes soon, and 7.1 with keychain included would be released same time as mavericks.
jonasdamn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 07:38 AM   #10
MaxPayneX
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
7.0.1 is already released for 5c and 5s to fix a small bug.
MaxPayneX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 07:48 AM   #11
MarcusCarpenter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London
Also a battery charged icon is needed, Like in iOS6 after a full trickle charge the icon changes to a plug, this is not the case with iOS7. It shows 100% charge but don't display the trickle charge (You can still see this if you plug your iPhone into iTunes) however I'd rather not do that.

Been the same since B1, wonder if they will include it in 7.0.2 ? maybe not :/ lol
__________________
 15'' rMBP, 2.0GHz QC i7, 8GB, 256GB PCI-E, Intel Iris Pro, Samsung Display & SSD
 iPhone 5s Gold 16GB
MarcusCarpenter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 07:52 AM   #12
MaxPayneX
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuscarpenter View Post
also a battery charged icon is needed, like in ios6 after a full trickle charge the icon changes to a plug, this is not the case with ios7. It shows 100% charge but don't display the trickle charge (you can still see this if you plug your iphone into itunes) however i'd rather not do that.

Been the same since b1, wonder if they will include it in 7.0.2 ? Maybe not :/ lol
+1
MaxPayneX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 07:59 AM   #13
JetBlack7
macrumors 68000
 
JetBlack7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPayneX View Post
Issue is, everything becomes slower and more time needed to accomplish same goals as before, iOS6 - quick and to the point.
IOS 6 was optimized for iPhone after 1 or 2 updates. IOS 7 is the first build. Just wait.
__________________
iPhone 5S Space Gray 32GB Game Center ID: JetBlack7
JetBlack7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 08:49 AM   #14
Donki
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusCarpenter View Post
Also a battery charged icon is needed, Like in iOS6 after a full trickle charge the icon changes to a plug, this is not the case with iOS7. It shows 100% charge but don't display the trickle charge (You can still see this if you plug your iPhone into iTunes) however I'd rather not do that.

Been the same since B1, wonder if they will include it in 7.0.2 ? maybe not :/ lol
When my phones charging the battery icon is green indicating a trickle charge? Or am I imagining things?
Donki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 08:52 AM   #15
ross1998
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
As far as the dock in safari going away it's suppose to be like that and I love it. It lets you use safari in full screen and to get them back just touch the bottom of the page where the dock would usually be.
ross1998 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 09:23 AM   #16
Jman13
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPayneX View Post
3 things that Apple need to include in this build as a must.

1. Application folders, massive fail.
Grey colour - fail (why no transparancy options)
Taking ages to load and taking up full screen - fail
Do people want this slowness, no.

2. No Kill switch to close all apps, been wanting this for years like many others.
Conspiracy, Apple wish for you to run apps in the background.
How annoying is the stupid swipe to close apps you spend 5 minutes.
Solution: Apple add Kill all switch and allow users to use old style of close.
Again toggle switch.

3. Safari, buttons disappearing as raised in another thread.
A switch to change this at least = Solution switch to Chrome.
So goodbye Safari finally a reason.

I wait till the next release and hope.
Love the way Safari works- it's so much faster and better presented. Using swipe to go back and forth is much faster than using the buttons.

Also - folders ARE translucent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379600625.063261.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	434127
Jman13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 09:34 AM   #17
MarcusCarpenter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donki View Post
When my phones charging the battery icon is green indicating a trickle charge? Or am I imagining things?
It don't change after the trickle charge is complete though, only when you pull the charger out
MarcusCarpenter is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prevent automatic download of large iOS updates (like iOS 7) Warbitrary iOS 6 35 May 15, 2014 08:54 AM
General: Avoid further "Over the Air" IOS 7 IOS Updates - For the Kids bo1500000 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 2 Dec 29, 2013 01:42 PM
iOS updates... Afbar1114 iOS 7 5 Jul 23, 2013 12:46 PM
Android updates vs. iOS updates dmelgar Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 53 Oct 22, 2012 01:59 PM
iOS 6 Updates! dtbratt iOS 6 11 Aug 31, 2012 01:44 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC