Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaxPayneX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
3 things that Apple need to include in this build as a must.

1. Application folders, massive fail.
Grey colour - fail (why no transparancy options)
Taking ages to load and taking up full screen - fail
Do people want this slowness, no.

2. No Kill switch to close all apps, been wanting this for years like many others.
Conspiracy, Apple wish for you to run apps in the background.
How annoying is the stupid swipe to close apps you spend 5 minutes.
Solution: Apple add Kill all switch and allow users to use old style of close.
Again toggle switch.

3. Safari, buttons disappearing as raised in another thread.
A switch to change this at least = Solution switch to Chrome.
So goodbye Safari finally a reason.

I wait till the next release and hope.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
1. They work just fine, I don't see the issue. The folders are semi-transparent on an iPhone 5 at least, not grey.
2. Not gonna happen, not needed either.
3. That's by design, it's meant to disappear to allow more content to be viewed. The bar pops up with a tap or scrolling back up. Again, I don't see the issue.

MaxPayneX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
1. They work just fine, I don't see the issue. The folders are semi-transparent on an iPhone 5 at least, not grey.
2. Not gonna happen, not needed either.
3. That's by design, it's meant to disappear to allow more content to be viewed. The bar pops up with a tap or scrolling back up. Again, I don't see the issue.

Issue is, everything becomes slower and more time needed to accomplish same goals as before, iOS6 - quick and to the point.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
Issue is, everything becomes slower and more time needed to accomplish same goals as before, iOS6 - quick and to the point.

No. Animations are the only things that are slower than iOS 6. The rest is simply because you aren't used to using iOS 7 yet, as many people aren't either. I got used to it after two weeks or so.

iOS 6 is history.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
1. Application folders, massive fail
I would say its a massive fail, but tweaking the look will be nice

2. No Kill switch to close all apps, been wanting this for years like many others.
Never going to happen, even in Android there's really no need for this. Apple's memory management is setup that background apps don't need to be killed, let alone all of them at once. People (and I include myself) kill off a handful as I need to

Agreed, this is annoying and I hope its fixed

MaxPayneX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
You really think Apple read the feedback and do something about it.
Yeh right its just a tick in the companies books to make sure consumers are happy and any laws not broken blah blah.

1) Yes tweaking can help especially the animation speed.
If it was a faster open and close process then I can live with it.
I dunno why they wish to help people who have every single app they bought installed on the phone. I think you should be allowed to only add 6to9 app in a folder.

2) I understand, but reason I ask for this is: Most apps developed need to be freshen every so often by closing and opening them again. The habit of trying save battery by closing apps user not needing. Yes do not be fooled, some apps transmitting data all the time.

3) I don't remember this being a requested feature by anyone in the Apple public, but we can remove this request as there many other browsers out there.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
im more interested on when we will see this released and what it will fix. im assuming sometime in late october around mavericks and new ipads being released?

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
im more interested on when we will see this released and what it will fix. im assuming sometime in late october around mavericks and new ipads being released?

there could be 7.0.1/7.0.2 for bugfixes soon, and 7.1 with keychain included would be released same time as mavericks.

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
Also a battery charged icon is needed, Like in iOS6 after a full trickle charge the icon changes to a plug, this is not the case with iOS7. It shows 100% charge but don't display the trickle charge (You can still see this if you plug your iPhone into iTunes) however I'd rather not do that.

Been the same since B1, wonder if they will include it in 7.0.2 ? maybe not :/ lol

MaxPayneX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
also a battery charged icon is needed, like in ios6 after a full trickle charge the icon changes to a plug, this is not the case with ios7. It shows 100% charge but don't display the trickle charge (you can still see this if you plug your iphone into itunes) however i'd rather not do that.

Been the same since b1, wonder if they will include it in 7.0.2 ? Maybe not :/ lol

+1

Donki

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2013
Also a battery charged icon is needed, Like in iOS6 after a full trickle charge the icon changes to a plug, this is not the case with iOS7. It shows 100% charge but don't display the trickle charge (You can still see this if you plug your iPhone into iTunes) however I'd rather not do that.

Been the same since B1, wonder if they will include it in 7.0.2 ? maybe not :/ lol

When my phones charging the battery icon is green indicating a trickle charge? Or am I imagining things?

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
As far as the dock in safari going away it's suppose to be like that and I love it. It lets you use safari in full screen and to get them back just touch the bottom of the page where the dock would usually be.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
3 things that Apple need to include in this build as a must.

1. Application folders, massive fail.
Grey colour - fail (why no transparancy options)
Taking ages to load and taking up full screen - fail
Do people want this slowness, no.

Conspiracy, Apple wish for you to run apps in the background.
How annoying is the stupid swipe to close apps you spend 5 minutes.
Solution: Apple add Kill all switch and allow users to use old style of close.
Again toggle switch.

A switch to change this at least = Solution switch to Chrome.
So goodbye Safari finally a reason.

I wait till the next release and hope.

Love the way Safari works- it's so much faster and better presented. Using swipe to go back and forth is much faster than using the buttons.

Also - folders ARE translucent.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379600625.063261.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.