Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crwmlw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Chicago,Il
I see in some screen shots floating around that besides the weather and calendar in the notification screen you can show how long it takes based on current traffic to get to a destination? Id like find out how to go about doing that? thanks

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
You need to have an entry in your contacts for yourself that has your home address in and set as your info on the Siri options. Once that is done if location stuff is turned on over time it will track where you've been and learn daily things like work. After a few days\week or if you are away from home it will then start to show you how long it will take you to get home.

You can check your location history by going to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Frequent Locations.

Crwmlw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Chicago,Il
Thanks

Thanks, I'm learning as I go, How can I go about Making that entry? especially in Siri? Id like to see how long it takes for me to get to work from home in the notification center

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I've got a contact under my name that has various info such as home address, work address and which of my contacts are my wife, mum, dad, brother...ie the kind of things Siri uses. Then go to Settings > General > Siri and set the "My Info" field to be that contact you have made for yourself.

Unfortunately my work address is 2 mins walk up the road from my home address so i dont get travel info for work to home but it has come up when i've been further afield.

atmc

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2009
Porto, Portugal
I have iOS 7 for about a week and it doesn't show any traffic conditions. I have frequent locations on, I have my work and home address on my contact info, but I got no information.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have iOS 7 for about a week and it doesn't show any traffic conditions. I have frequent locations on, I have my work and home address on my contact info, but I got no information.

It takes a few weeks to learn your driving patterns. Give it at least another week

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.