Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 27, 2005, 11:03 PM   #1
carizma22
macrumors newbie

Lost Entourage mailboxes and addresses-help!

Hi Everyone:

I am new to the forums and desperately need your help. I came back after Thanksgiving and started up my ti-book running Tiger. Entourage opened automatically as usual, but what I got was a new Entourage asking me if I wanted to make it my default email application. Where are all my mailboxes and my address book? I looked in the trash and there are copies of MS Word ane Entourage in there. Did they trash themsleves? I am totally confused. Nobody has used my computer in my absence. This is a disaster of major proportions. Needless to say I don't have a backup.

Carole
carizma22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2005, 11:31 PM   #2
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by carizma22
Hi Everyone:

I am new to the forums and desperately need your help. I came back after Thanksgiving and started up my ti-book running Tiger. Entourage opened automatically as usual, but what I got was a new Entourage asking me if I wanted to make it my default email application. Where are all my mailboxes and my address book? I looked in the trash and there are copies of MS Word ane Entourage in there. Did they trash themsleves? I am totally confused. Nobody has used my computer in my absence. This is a disaster of major proportions. Needless to say I don't have a backup.

Carole
New Entourage? What do you mean by that?
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 01:23 AM   #3
carizma22
macrumors newbie

Lost Entourage mailboxes and addresses

I mean that Entourage opened up as if it were for the very first time with no mailboxes and an empty address book and an invitation to make it my default email application.

Carole
Old Nov 28, 2005, 07:28 AM   #4
AlBDamned
macrumors 68030

Carizma, try This Thread on the same thing.

A likely cause could be your database jumping from it's correct location.

Read this thread thoroughly from about halfaway down the first page. Your database will likely all be somewhere, just not where it should be!
AlBDamned is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 10:34 AM   #5
carizma22
macrumors newbie

Found it--thank you

Very helpful feedback. Thanks.

My orginal identities folder was in the trash and a new one had been created in my documetns folder. So I just swtiched them out and lo and behond all my data was saved. I have just made a back-up copy of it.

My question is how did it end up in the trash? Any ideas?

Carole
Old Nov 28, 2005, 12:33 PM   #6
AlBDamned
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by carizma22
Very helpful feedback. Thanks.

My orginal identities folder was in the trash and a new one had been created in my documetns folder. So I just swtiched them out and lo and behond all my data was saved. I have just made a back-up copy of it.

My question is how did it end up in the trash? Any ideas?

Carole
Glad you got it sorted.

I don't know how or why this happens but I think as someone points out in that thread, the file has commonly used words so it could just get caught up somehow.

Of course, the cynic in me simply says it's just crap Microsoft engineering.

Welcome to MacRumors
AlBDamned is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 01:00 PM   #7
carizma22
macrumors newbie

Or it is Mercury!

Mercury is in retrograde so maybe that's what's going on! It's as good a reason as any!

Carole

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store