Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Been playing with it more and I am kinda liking all the new features. Granted The Calendar app leaves much to be desired, and the Phone app also is lagging. The buttons are smaller, and sorting through VoiceMails is a royal pain as the colors make it difficult, its harder to delete messages, play on speakerphone, and the like. Also Voice Memo's do not look as nice as the iOS 6 version. Other than these three drawbacks I am seeing lots of improvements and new features in iOS 7. Yesterday I hated it and wanted to go back to using the BlackBerry, but I am just getting used to it. I hope Apple works on their Calendar, Phone, and Voice Memo's app to get them back to where the iOS 6 versions where.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
I've used it from BETA 1, and you get used to it over time. Change is not easy for everyone.

I'm sure things will change over time. I'm not sure who said it, but during the Keynote one of them mentioned that this is a start for the new iOS (7), and the building blocks for its future, or something along those lines. Meaning, there will be changes, enhancements, additions, etc. with each new release.

People forget about some of the past iOS [1 - 6] releases, and some growing pains they went through...

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
I've used it from BETA 1, and you get used to it over time. Change is not easy for everyone.

I'm sure things will change over time. I'm not sure who said it, but during the Keynote one of them mentioned that this is a start for the new iOS (7), and the building blocks for its future, or something along those lines. Meaning, there will be changes, enhancements, additions, etc. with each new release.

People forget about some of the past iOS [1 - 6] releases, and some growing pains they went through...

Yes I remember people hated the new Apple Maps in iOS 6 and to be honest Google Maps was better. However it lacked a turn by turn voice guide. Google Maps on the iPhone is okay, but not as nice as the apple maps from iOS 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.