Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jazwire

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
What are some of the best prices for trade in service you seen?

Here is what I've been quote for my IPhone 5

My phone condition : Like New
(yes it is, have box and everything in original plastic, even I even slit the cellophane on the box when I bought it.
Phone has been in its case 99.99% of the time since I purchased it.

I used Amazon in the past and got the "Like New" amount for my previous phones.

So here is what I been quoted so for my

IPhone 5 (AT&T) 32GB

Amazon: $397 (Pay you in amazon credit, but for me ill easily use that.)
Gazelle: $320
ATT$ $285

Blah blah EBay, I know I can get more with EBay, but then I don't have to hassle with slow payer, scammers, shipping and all of the other potential crap that comes along with EBay.

Jazwire

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
craigslist. it's hard to beat craigslist.

Actually in St Louis area, where I am at.
The aren't going for much better than Amazon's price.
$350-$400

Plus I don't have to drive in the city to meet them.
Fight with traffic and potentially get stabbed, mugged or shot. :)

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
When I've looked, Amazon has consistenly offered more than others.
They've even paid more than the quoted amount when the condition was evaluated to be better than stated.

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2007
erf
I JUST went to Nextworth to trade in my good condition iPhone 16GB (AT&T). We'll see how this goes...

Just an extra tip, look for promo coupons to get bonus cash back. Found one for 10% extra, googling "nextworth promo codes". :cool:

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
Seriously? I've done hundreds of craigslist transactions. Never had a problem with fake money before.

The question is do you want to be the first? Hasn't happened before doesn't mean it won't happen. Also, who knows where the OP lives. Personally, I'd er on the safer side. Not going to loose sleep over 50 bucks especially since Amazon is quoting $397!

inboxer

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2013
I locked in with Buybackworld about 2 weeks ago. $350.00 iPhone 5 16gb Verizon Black

I have used Gazelle for years but switched to BuyBackWorld last year and have sent them over a dozen devices. Gazelle service is great but BuyBackWorld offered the same service but actually paid more and faster. I locked in my quote to sell my ip5 AT&T 64GB in Excellent shape for $415 a few weeks ago (quote is good until Oct 31). I just checked and the prices did come down a bit but buybackworld prices are still higher than gazelle or nextworth. $350 is a good price it looks like the price is now $333. I would guess that the prices will keep falling as more and more people trade in their old iphones.

http://buybackworld.com/sell/iphone

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
I used elegreen for the first time this year. They seem to be consistently about $50 higher than gazelle. I got $275 for my 32GB AT&T 4s in very good condition, plus a 3% bonus to take payment as an Amazon gift card. This was about a month and a half ago, as soon as the event day was confirmed.

BuickGS67

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2012
Michigan
Elegreen just gave me a solid $180 offer on my 32GB 4S (verizon) in good condition, and 30 days to send it to them. Now, just need to hope that my new 5S comes in on time without any issues or assembly/packaging damage, scuffs, etc.

clarkgriswold

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2009
Has anyone traded in directly with Verizon? The quote for my 16GB 4S is $200, which is comparable to the other services. It says they pay with a Verizon gift card, which I assume I could then use on my bill. I can either mail it in, or do in the store.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
How much would Apple/Bestbuy/Verizon give for a 32GB iPhone 5 (black, Verizon), with a small ding (dent? most accurate, but it's small), and a few nicks here and there?

Either way, I fear it won't get more even close to the $649 of an iPhone 5s, and I need as much money as I have for my bills. Hmm..

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
I'm tempted to try nextworth as they quoted me the highest. But not sure if it's legit. :confused:

inboxer

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2013
I'm tempted to try nextworth as they quoted me the highest. But not sure if it's legit. :confused:

Nextworth seems ok, but I've never used them. BuyBackWorld and Gazelle are both legit, I have used both services many times.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I like Gazelle

Gazelle may not pay the most, but you can track your trade in from shipping to payment very easily. Never had an issue with them.

I might try Apple if my iPhone 5 is worth anything by the time I decide to upgrade :D

Best of luck, OP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.