Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrm27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Hello all,

I just installed ios7 on my iphone5. Before doing so I made a backup in itunes. Then I restored my phone and installed ios7. After installing ios7 I was asked to pick which backup to restore my info from. I chose the one from earlier today. It goes through the entire backup process and then gives me an error saying that it couldn't restore that backup. All my email accounts are gone, all my wifi passwords are gone, none of my pictures are there. Any ideas? it only shows me backups from today. I'd gladly do one from last week, but it only shows me my backups form today....

jjackkk

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2013
Stuck too!

Hi, can't help i am afraid . I am experiencing a similar problem.
Decided to do the ios 7 update on my iphone 4s .Connected the phone to itunes and did a backup 20gb , then went and downloaded the update , then tried to update.

I didn't realise it would still need an active internet connection and in the process this stopped , stopping itunes. I borrowed another mobile and connected itunes to the internet via this . It then loaded ios 7 on my phone as ablank and when i went to restore my backup it now prompts for a password.

Aaargh . I didnt put a password in for the backup just prior to the upgrade, but can't be certain i didn't use one when i first got the phone.

Can i get this backup password back? is there a trick or is there a third party solution that works?

Any help would be greatfully appreciated !!

Thanks J

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.