Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
It just could happen.

Just for Apple to have all three colors with three different memory configs and for all the different carriers, plus some rumors . . . . . and NO preorders!

I got a bad feeling that the stores will have very limited numbers with some colors and memory configs missing. Even mailorder will have to wait before shipping.

Hope I am wrong, but I do not think so.:(

Last edited:

iSaxon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
It just could happen.

Just for Apple to have all three colors with three different memory configs and for all the different carriers, plus some rumors . . . . .

I got a bad feeling that the stores will have very limited numbers with some colors and memory configs missing. Even mailorder will have to wait before shipping.

Hope I am wrong, but I do not think so.:(

I called my store and they said they have a healthy supply of all configurations... He still said to try and arrive early though

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
I called my store and they said they have a healthy supply of all configurations... He still said to try and arrive early though

"Healthy"

Enough to get though the day without running out? Would they get more tomorrow?

"Healthy but arrive early" ?:cool:

iSaxon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Im thinking he means enough to get the majority of people who arrive before open and are waiting in line... But who knows. I guess ill find out in the morning!

Phonzoxd

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2013
I will be furious considering I sold my Iphone 5 2-3 weeks ago.

Now if I didnt sell it yet, I wouldnt really care, but Im using my dumb phone and its been rough.

swish2351

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
Michigan
Don't you guys understand?

> Apple didn't allow pre-orders
> Apple spread rumors there would be a shortage
> Apple wants giant lines for publicity

Apple acquired AuthenTec a few years ago, and they didn't just plan the fingerprint sensor a few months ago, it's been planned for a while, so there was no shortage of fingerprint sensors.

If I could cyber-bet, I would bet a lot of money that the stores and carriers will be very high in stock. Stop believing they won't have a lot, Apple wants giant lines, there are no facts to prove any of these rumors. Without pre-orders, there will be TONS of iPhones at each store

mikeyhd

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2011
Canada

Apple acquired AuthenTec a few years ago, and they didn't just plan the fingerprint sensor a few months ago, it's been planned for a while, so there was no shortage of fingerprint sensors.

If I could cyber-bet, I would bet a lot of money that the stores and carriers will be very high in stock. Stop believing they won't have a lot, Apple wants giant lines, there are no facts to prove any of these rumors. Without pre-orders, there will be TONS of iPhones at each store

hope you're correct, that would be the best outcome

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 3, 2013

Well thanks for setting us all straight! LOL!:p

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Some will have a hissy fit as if Apple isn't ever going to make more 5s phones.

Rest of the world will carry on.

fark

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2013
No offense, but getting mad doesn't solve anything and usually makes things worse. I'll be up at 2:55 am Eastern and try and order a 5s. If it works, great. If not, I won't be driving to my local ATT or Apple store like I did for the iPhone4. I'll just keep using my iPhone5.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013

Hope your right but that contradicts what they were saying about Australia and Asia (that delivery times are 7-10 days) due to low stock. Doesn't bode well for the U.S or us here in the UK :confused:

swish2351

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
Michigan
Hope your right but that contradicts what they were saying about Australia and Asia (that delivery times are 7-10 days) due to low stock. Doesn't bode well for the U.S or us here in the UK :confused:

USA is Apple's home country and biggest seller, the US will get the most phones

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Everyone knows there is low stock so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

As long as I get my order in after 00:01 I'll be happy. If it takes 1, 2 or 4 weeks then so be it. It just doesn't matter.

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012

I'm not more "in the know" than you, however I think there may be some truth to lower stock. Just got back from my local T-Mobile store and was told that no stores in my STATE will have launch day iPhones. They're doing shipment orders, meaning you come in and they essentially place an online order for you.

Obviously reps can be unreliable, but this is a girl I've bought from plenty of times in the past. I don't think she has any reason to make up stories, so maybe there is indeed a lower volume of launch day devices.

Then again, it could just be T-Mobile. Or where I live (AL). Or a combination of both. SMH.

Lamarak

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010

I really hope your spot on for tomorrow but think will be in-between that great stock and low. Also really depend on where you live. New York and some areas have had campers early as this week, and in cities like where I am in Texas, so far no lines anywhere, but will probably start soon.

swish2351

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
Michigan
I'm not more "in the know" than you, however I think there may be some truth to lower stock. Just got back from my local T-Mobile store and was told that no stores in my STATE will have launch day iPhones. They're doing shipment orders, meaning you come in and they essentially place an online order for you.

Obviously reps can be unreliable, but this is a girl I've bought from plenty of times in the past. I don't think she has any reason to make up stories, so maybe there is indeed a lower volume of launch day devices.

Then again, it could just be T-Mobile. Or where I live (AL). Or a combination of both. SMH.

Unreliable source. I highly doubt there will be no iPhones in the entire state of Alabama... And, it's T-Mobile, not the Apple stores

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
I really think the iPhone 5C is going to help availability of the 5S a lot. Availability may still be tight but if they had only done the 5S I think it would be a lot worse.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
How mad you say? Hulk mad!
tumblr_m6dzn69CPM1rs2a3ho1_500.gif

thecurryman

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2012
I really think the iPhone 5C is going to help availability of the 5S a lot. Availability may still be tight but if they had only done the 5S I think it would be a lot worse.

except people going in tomorrow to get an iphone will most likley only be getting a 5s. if they wanted a 5c they'd have gotten one by now

ViP3l2

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2011
I'm 3rd in line at the Georgetown, DC location and the manager came out and exclaimed to us that they will have EXTREMELY LIMITED quantities of the Gold & Silver configurations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.