Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:48 PM   #1
whitmanjg
macrumors member

When will stock of the 5s stabilize after launch?

My original plan was to get one after I get paid at the end of the month, but now I'm starting to worry that if I don't attempt to get one tomorrow, it will be a while before they are back in stock anywhere. Anyone have any idea of what stock might be like in a couple of weeks? How long might it be before I could just walk into the Verizon store and pick one up without an issue?

NOTE: I know any answers to this question are just speculation since no one knows how much stock different stores will receive. However, this is my first time getting the new model anywhere near the original launch date so if anyone has had experience with this situation with previous models I would appreciate the insight.
whitmanjg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:52 PM   #2
deeddawg
macrumors 601

For Apple stores, I'd expect to see a repeat of past ability to order online for in-store pickup each evening up to the point at which the stock received that day was exhausted. Any stock not so reserved (or perhaps a set-aside portion) would be available for sale beginning each morning.

Apple would presumably flow stock from China as soon as it's built, pushing it through the channel as quickly as possible.

As you said you understand, it'd be anyone's guess when daily demand falls below daily resupply and units are available throughout the day.
deeddawg is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:58 PM   #3
fieldsphotos
macrumors member

Last year I didn't decide to buy the iphone 5 (verizon) until about a week after it had released. At that point online shipping dates were over a month away, so I had to play the 10PM nightly "reserve for store pickup" at the local Apple Stores (LA area).

Verizon phone stocks were so low it took several weeks of checking the system nightly before I was finally able to reserve a phone for pickup in Glendale. ATT stock was much higher in the LA region for whatever reason. .

I watched the nightly threads on MacRumors and other parts of the country had different levels of shortages, so it is all going to depend on where you are and what phone you are looking for.
fieldsphotos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 04:19 PM   #4
CEmajr
macrumors 68030

This is looking to be worse than the iPhone 5 launch. Preorders haven't even started yet and some of the carriers are already saying 7-10 days for the first batch of shipments.
CEmajr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 05:17 PM   #5
whitmanjg
macrumors member

hmm ok thanks you guys for the help. it sounds like i might be better off trying to get my phone sooner rather than later. ugh
whitmanjg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 05:26 PM   #6
karmatourer
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to karmatourer
I'll echo what the 1st 2 responses said-go online at 10pm to the Apple site and reserve a 5s if it is available at a nearby store.
karmatourer is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 05:28 PM   #7
KdParker
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmanjg View Post
hmm ok thanks you guys for the help. it sounds like i might be better off trying to get my phone sooner rather than later. ugh
Went the retailer/reservation route and it worked out great. Picking up new iPhone 5s tomorrow morning.
KdParker is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone