Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Certainspider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
I've just updated my iPad 2 with the iOS 7 update and there are loads of goodies that I'm looking forward to using but I'm so disappointed with the changes to the Notes App and with the changes to the general appearance.

I want the old style back, I lovey my yellow legal pad style and the font was good too. Easy for me to read and interesting. What's with the boring white background and boring ordinary font?

Specifically the change in the general font has made it that much harder for me to read. My eyesight is impaired and the lighter background really makes reading harder.

The keyboard is harder to read too, I wish I could darken it.

Where is the accessibility options? Not many of you may know of it but it was where you could change how big the cursor appeared and some other useful things for people with impaired sight, hearing, movement etc.

The whole design appears flat and pale. :confused::(

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Is it just me or did people used to complain about the yellow pad and font of the notepad? I like the new notepad. Much better for notes.

ios7 Can't win for losing tbh

Septillion

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2013
China
I've just updated my iPad 2 with the iOS 7 update and there are loads of goodies that I'm looking forward to using but I'm so disappointed with the changes to the Notes App and with the changes to the general appearance.

I want the old style back, I lovey my yellow legal pad style and the font was good too. Easy for me to read and interesting. What's with the boring white background and boring ordinary font?

Specifically the change in the general font has made it that much harder for me to read. My eyesight is impaired and the lighter background really makes reading harder.

The keyboard is harder to read too, I wish I could darken it.

Where is the accessibility options? Not many of you may know of it but it was where you could change how big the cursor appeared and some other useful things for people with impaired sight, hearing, movement etc.

The whole design appears flat and pale. :confused::(

If you're suffering looking at white content, iOS 7 might be a disaster for you. Try turn on the accessibility.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
I agree with the OP - I used notes extensively, and while I wasn't necessarily a big fan of the yellow pad and font, it was at least visually interesting and EASY ON THE EYE. Now it's very bright, and very plain.

Time to look in the app store for a replacement notepad app.

Septillion

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2013
China
I agree with the OP - I used notes extensively, and while I wasn't necessarily a big fan of the yellow pad and font, it was at least visually interesting and EASY ON THE EYE. Now it's very bright, and very plain.

Time to look in the app store for a replacement notepad app.

Before iOS 7, Evernote is strongly recommended. Since Evernote has been updated with iOS 7, you can delete this from your wish list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.