Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Connieh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
After struggling for a little more than a day with IOS 7 and not liking it at all , I downgraded my iphone 5 to IOS 6.1.4 . Apple says you can't do it but it was really easy with the help of the people in clarified.com.
Just followed the instructions and had my phone working again , and was lucky to be able to get my back up from icloud as IOS 7 had not done a backup yet ! YAY :)
I have been a user of iphone since the first model appeared , always did all the upgrades , and were happy with them .
What annoys me in IOS 7 is the difficulty to read , with so much white in the back and the letters so fine , there is not enough contrast ... keyboard is also too clear .
I tried with bold letters and used the add contrast feature , but still difficult to see as I could see before .
Also I find IOS6 much more classy and elegant , but that is a question of taste , I am 44 ...
Find colours too bright and too much white , new iOS 7 looks cheap in my humble opinion ...
Wish they would add skins for it or more contrast , and the bars in blue as in IOS 6.1.4 , something that is not only aimed to youngsters who do not have any sight issues . I do not use glasses so far my vision is fine according to my doctor , found IOS 7 strainful to look at ...
We miss you Steve Jobs ! He would have never allowed this IOS 7 to come out this way , aimed only to young people ...
Hope they fix it soon , as all the people I have talked to , are unhappy with the new IOS 7 , so much published and waited ...

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
You are going to be seriously dissappointed ... name one company which did a roundabout from such a hyped "next" product line ... Did MS go back to Windows 2000 from Vista ? :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.