Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

capcaveman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Anyone else noticing a significant improvement when dictating? I'm seeing about 95 to 99% accuracy and it's actually getting the punctuation right now. I'm a heavy user of this feature I dictate case notes and now I'm actually able to get them right the first time and not have to go back and edit anything so far it's actually pretty amazing.

DucMike

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2013
Sacramento-area, CA
Anyone else noticing a significant improvement when dictating? I'm seeing about 95 to 99% accuracy and it's actually getting the punctuation right now. I'm a heavy user of this feature I dictate case notes and now I'm actually able to get them right the first time and not have to go back and edit anything so far it's actually pretty amazing.

Seems to work fine for me except for the end of my sentances. Only one that gives me any issues is the *.*. When I ask for a period (as opposed to a "quote" or a "question mark"), I get "period" on the end of my sentances. Hell, even "dot dot dot" works correctly.

benoitgphoto

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
Yep... Big improvement. Big improvement too through a car hands free system. Same with over 95% accuracy and really makes Siri rocks

DucMike

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2013
Sacramento-area, CA
Well that one bit me in the ass. Turns out having one's Siri language set to anything remotely non US-English (as I did) results in one having to speak "full stop" in order to receive their ".". D'oh!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.