Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
What's the chances of me getting a gold 64 gb AT&T if I go to Apple at 8 AM

I'm hearing supplies are low.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
Based on what I've read, it looks like AT&T might have very few or none of the gold color. If you really wanted to get a gold iphone, you're best bet is to get it online tonight but the downside is you might have to wait a few days or you can take your chances tomorrow and hope someone has it.

rolly3

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
You won't be able to get an iPhone.

Especially if you want an unlocked one, turns out they're not even selling it.

:mad:

BMNEUR

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2013
Louisville
Could they get more stock in on Saturday?

Certainly not. iPhones cannot be made that fast and there are extreme supply constraints at this time. Shipments do not come in daily, as much as we all wish they did. It's best you order on line for convenience, or if you live in a large metro area like I do. Cheers and good luck!

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
If you really wanted to get a gold iphone, you're best bet is to get it online tonight but the downside is you might have to wait a few days or you can take your chances tomorrow and hope someone has it.

7-10 business days for it to be shipped out, then a few more for delivery. Probably 2 weeks or longer to get the online order.

JodyK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Atlanta suburbs
Certainly not. iPhones cannot be made that fast and there are extreme supply constraints at this time. Shipments do not come in daily, as much as we all wish they did. It's best you order on line for convenience, or if you live in a large metro area like I do. Cheers and good luck!

This is not necessarily the case ... I know for a fact that supply is controlled and purposely constrained. A friend was an Apple business team member and during an iPad launch they sold out Friday & had plenty to sell on Sat.

He said they have it to a science ... Cook is the supply chain wizard ... There is a lot of 5s iPhone built trust me ... However how they control supply for hype etc we will see.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
7-10 business days for it to be shipped out, then a few more for delivery. Probably 2 weeks or longer to get the online order.

True...that sucks :-(. I was going to go that route but don't want to wait that long. I'll check apples website just to see if they have a next day pickup option or 2 day shipping. If they don't, I'll be lining up at 5am in front of the apple store.

BMNEUR

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2013
Louisville
What time do orders start?

Depends on your time zone. All orders begin at midnight pacific time which could be a different time if you live in a different timezone.

12:00 Pacific Time (West Coast)
1:00 AM Mountain Time
2:00 AM Central Time
3:00 AM Eastern Time

----------

You won't be able to get an iPhone.

Especially if you want an unlocked one, turns out they're not even selling it.

:mad:

I'm not quite sure how you know the answer to this if Apple representatives will not confirm or deny your statement.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
It's gotta be less than that.

The first stage is denial.

Check out the Macrumors frontpage article about the UK, Germany, etc 5s being sold out. If you look through the thread comments you see multiple people saying they were on the Apple website as soon as ordering became available and were given a delivery date of Oct 7th.

People who order online are going to be waiting a looooong time for theirs.

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
The first stage is denial.

Check out the frontpage article about the UK, Germany, etc 5s being sold out. If you look through the thread comments you see multiple people saying they were on the Apple website as soon as ordering became available and were given a delivery date of Oct 7th.

They always say something like that though.

QUESTION: can I ship this to Apple and if I go to Apple Saturday and they have what I want can they cancel it?

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
What's the chances of me getting a gold 64 gb AT&T if I go to Apple at 8 AM

I'm hearing supplies are low.

Sorry... but nobody, and i mean NOBODY here knows.

Even if you have a 99% chance, and you are #100 - you still do not get one.

Why do people post these stupid questions?

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
QUESTION: can I ship this to Apple and if I go to Apple Saturday and they have what I want can they cancel it?

Can you ship what to Apple?

If you are asking if you can order online and then go to the store to test your luck the answer is no. Upgrade eligibility usually take around 24 hours to go back on your account. Especially during the craziness that is launch day.

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
Sorry... but nobody, and i mean NOBODY here knows.

Even if you have a 99% chance, and you are #100 - you still do not get one.

Why do people post these stupid questions?

That's not a stupid question though. I was asking a general question and people could have heard things regarding stock.

BMNEUR

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2013
Louisville
They always say something like that though.

If I understand your question correctly:

You cannot ship a launch day product to an Apple Store. If you order online it is shipped to the address on file with your wireless service provider without the ability to change it. If you are purchasing the unlocked iPhone, it can be shipped to a residential or business address; however ship to store for iPhones is not available on launch day.

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
Can you ship what to Apple?

If you are asking if you can order online and then go to the store to test your luck the answer is no. Upgrade eligibility usually take around 24 hours to go back on your account. Especially during the craziness that is launch day.

Can I ship the phone I order to apple?

----------

You cannot ship a launch day product to an Apple Store. If you order online it is shipped to the address on file with your wireless service provider without the ability to change it. If you are purchasing the unlocked iPhone, it can be shipped to a residential or business address; however ship to store for iPhones is not available on launch day.

Thanks

----------

You should be ok, depending how popular your ATT store is. And the demand for 64GB is way lower than 32 or 16GB.

ATT has no gold. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.