Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:38 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple Online Store's iPhone 5s Shipping Estimates Slip to 7-10 Days, Gold Models to Ship in October

Within four hours after Apple began taking orders for the iPhone 5s, Apple Store shipping estimates for new orders of the device slipped to 7-10 days in the U.S. and Canada, following a similar pattern to shipping estimates in other countries where the 5s went on sale earlier today. The original shipping estimate for all 5s models was 1-3 days.

Some 28 minutes after they went on sale, all gold iPhone 5s models saw their shipping estimates slip to October.

Customers may still be able to purchase launch-day iPhone 5s units by heading to Apple Retail, carrier and select third-party reseller outlets -- but there is no indication how long those stores will have the iPhone 5s in stock.

Apple is opening its retail stores at 8 a.m. local time for the launch, while opening times for carrier and third-party reseller locations may vary. A list of some retailers known to be selling the iPhone 5s is visible on our iPhone 5s launch article.

Last year it took an hour for pre-orders of the iPhone 5 to sell out, while the year before it took some 22 hours to sell out of the pre-order launch-day stock of the iPhone 4S.

Article Link: Apple Online Store's iPhone 5s Shipping Estimates Slip to 7-10 Days, Gold Models to Ship in October
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:44 AM   #2
WilliamG
macrumors 601

Demand is high. Gotta love it.
WilliamG is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:45 AM   #3
mdhwoods
macrumors regular

You could say that, or supplies are very constrained as to appear that demand is high.
mdhwoods is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:49 AM   #4
WilliamG
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhwoods View Post
You could say that, or supplies are very constrained as to appear that demand is high.
I'm sure it's both. It does Apple no favors to have no stock.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:49 AM   #5
Dreamer2go
macrumors 6502

to all those people who said "no one will buy this phone... it's the same as iPhone 5"...
well...
I'm sure you're wrong
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:50 AM   #6
keysofanxiety
macrumors 65816

Location: In a house that defies physics by being colder than absolute zero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2go View Post
to all those people who said "no one will buy this phone... it's the same as iPhone 5"...
well...
I'm sure you're wrong
I don't think anybody on MR said it's exactly same as the 5. It's the most innovative 'incremental update' Apple's ever done.
keysofanxiety is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:51 AM   #7
croooow
macrumors 6502a

Sprint customers can still get some models in 1-3 business days (not gold)

I wonder why there is no "T-Mobile or SIM-free" choice for iPhone 5s (iPhone 5c will let you choose)
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:56 AM   #8
lotzosushi
macrumors regular

My retail store had less than 5 gold phones... Wtf??
lotzosushi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:57 AM   #9
macconservative
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by croooow View Post

Sprint customers can still get some models in 1-3 business days (not gold)

I wonder why there is no "T-Mobile or SIM-free" choice for iPhone 5s (iPhone 5c will let you choose)
There is a unlocked or T-Mobile version towards the bottom of the 5s page
macconservative is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:57 AM   #10
stevaroo01
macrumors newbie

I started placing my order around 6:30am Eastern using the Apple Store app on my iPhone 5. When I began the process, the shipping time for my Verizon 64gb space gray iPhone 5s was 1-3 days. By the time I finished checking out my estimate had slipped to 7-10 days, delivery sometime the first week to week and a half of October. The black leather case I ordered at the same time is showing delivery the very end of September or very beginning of October.

I've never ordered an Apple product on launch day, so I guess I feel blessed that I'll get it within a couple weeks at least. Especially for a phone that has such high demand/low inventory!

I seriously considered waiting a while or passing altogether on the 5s, but I really needed to bump up my capacity. My 32gb 5 has been close to maxed out for a while. I actually had to delete some music and apps just to install iOS 7.
stevaroo01 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:58 AM   #11
austinmcguire
macrumors newbie

I hate to disagree with MacRumors but...

The US Store Gold 32GB for ATT had slipped to the 7-10 day mark by 12:08 PDT. I got my order in and was curious when it would slip and the first time I checked it had already slipped. Someone may know of an even earlier time then me.
austinmcguire is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:00 AM   #12
KristenM
macrumors regular

Local AT&T store had 0 gold and 0 silver in any size. Manager said no resaler in the state got any gold and only a few got silver. Local Apple store got 6 of them. WTF? Did they only make 1000 of them? Mostly pissed that they let us stand in line for hours before coming out to tell us this.
KristenM is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:02 AM   #13
fpsBeaTt
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotzosushi View Post
My retail store had less than 5 gold phones... Wtf??
If it's any consolation, I had no issues casually strolling into a Telstra store at 4PM and picking up a 64GB Gold
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:02 AM   #14
kalsta
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhwoods View Post
Quote:
I'm sure it's both. It does Apple no favors to have no stock.
Aaaand… they're off and running! Every year a different phone—same discussion. :-)
kalsta is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:04 AM   #15
1member1
macrumors 6502

Every year it's the same story.

1.Apple comes out with a new device
2.People, WS and tech sites say that it's a disappointment and no one will buy
3.Apple break record once again.
1member1 is offline   16 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:04 AM   #16
Adelphos33
macrumors regular

How many tens of millions of iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s users want an upgrade or are eligible for an upgrade? Of course there will be strong demand for each new iPhone, regardless of grumblings of "evolution instead of innovation"
Adelphos33 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:05 AM   #17
marwal
macrumors newbie

You guys in the US are lucky, here in England stock showed as dispatched in 7-10 days from the very second they went on sale, Apple prioritising it's US customers ahead of everyone else as usual
marwal is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:07 AM   #18
darcyf
macrumors newbie

The Bell Store I was dealing with took names and was going to call as many people as their 5s stock allowed for (I was third on the list). They wound up getting zero iPhone 5s's today.

I spoke to the Telus Store in the same mall and they got a grand total of four.

I'd say that's some pretty constrained stock.
darcyf is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:07 AM   #19
mdlooker
macrumors 6502

I keep hearing that there won't be long lines here in El Paso as history has shown. So I'll go pass the mall around 7:30 and see if there's a line to get this gold. If it's unavailable, I'll wait a while. It seems nobody cares about the launch here.
mdlooker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:07 AM   #20
Raizen.Z09
macrumors member

Can we have some actual Mac news please…
Raizen.Z09 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:08 AM   #21
jalexei
macrumors newbie

(yawning furiously)

Yes, I was the clown up at 3am eastern clicking furiously at the Verizon Wireless site - Mostly at the behest of the missus, who's agnostic on most tech items but loves her phone - We're both upgrading from the plain old 4, so I'm looking forward to not being a generation or two behind for a change - Ship date showing as 9/24, though we both wanted the grey/black, which seems to be (luckily for us, I guess) the boring sibling that never goes out and parties...
jalexei is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:08 AM   #22
Jimrod
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Or stock is low... If Apple had 100 million phones sat around waiting there would be no delay in shipping, it's kind of an either/or thing.
Jimrod is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:11 AM   #23
bbeagle
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizen.Z09 View Post
Can we have some actual Mac news please…
Hold your horses. Give the iPhone the spotlight until Monday and then we'll have non-stop rumors about Macs and iPads.
bbeagle is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:14 AM   #24
haiggy
macrumors 65816

The article is incorrect - Canada never had shipping of 1-3 days
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:18 AM   #25
TallManNY
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by marwal View Post
You guys in the US are lucky, here in England stock showed as dispatched in 7-10 days from the very second they went on sale, Apple prioritising it's US customers ahead of everyone else as usual
You guys are lucky to have the same launch day as the U.S. There is no particular reason why this phone has to launch worldwide on the same day.

----------

Seems like radically constrained supplies. I do not believe this is intentional. We have been hearing for a long time that the fingerprint scanner is hard to make. Also we still don't know who made the silicon. So that tells me that can't have been fully ramped up on that production. Otherwise this would have leaked.

Not being able to even come close to filling demand is going to be a problem, unless it pushes folks to the 5c. I suspect the 5c will have just as good margins and it will be more likely to be replaced sooner than the 5s. So those sales of 5c are going to be a gold mine for Apple.
TallManNY is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion