Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atteligibility

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
The apple store had like 2-3 of them, the T-Mobile stores don't have any 5S at all.
Of course they all lied at 5AM, saying they had what we needed, why would they do that, I don't know...
When going to TMO store, also waited in line with the guy saying he had everything I could want, but when time to order he explained he meant "shipped to home in 2 weeks"...

Also, Apple store would not let me buy an ATT 5S full price without an ATT account.

So at the end of the day, I sold my iPhone 5 2 days ago, and now I can't get a new 5S until 2 weeks from now, awesome...

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
Oof :(

There's no BestBuy, Target, Walmart, RadioShack you could check out?

Sucks to hear you already sold your iPhone 5, maybe next year hold onto it until you have the new phone in hand...

atteligibility

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Oof :(

There's no BestBuy, Target, Walmart, RadioShack you could check out?

Sucks to hear you already sold your iPhone 5, maybe next year hold onto it until you have the new phone in hand...

I think whichever store, the TMO version is very very constrained. My understanding is that no t-mobile store has any 5S of any kind. Not sure if this true or not, but if that's the case, there's no hope to see any at those other stores...

Don't know if this is because TMO didn't put enough money on the table, or to prevent people to buy unlocked phones to resell them, but in any case, that sucks.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
The apple store had like 2-3 of them, the T-Mobile stores don't have any 5S at all.
Of course they all lied at 5AM, saying they had what we needed, why would they do that, I don't know...
When going to TMO store, also waited in line with the guy saying he had everything I could want, but when time to order he explained he meant "shipped to home in 2 weeks"...

Also, Apple store would not let me buy an ATT 5S full price without an ATT account.

So at the end of the day, I sold my iPhone 5 2 days ago, and now I can't get a new 5S until 2 weeks from now, awesome...

I drove past my T-Mobile store just to see and saw only a few people in line. I was tempted to stop in and see if they had any. Something told me, no.

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
Hit the T-Mo store by my house this morning. Foruth in line at 7.45. No iPhone 5S or 5C. Ordered a white 64GB for delivery.

Then stopped at the one near my office when I got to work (Downtown DC). They had all three colors of 5S in stock, but only 16Gb. The manager told me that no T-MO store will have 64GB as they "aren't that popular."

So, some stores got them. At least 16GB.

atteligibility

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Hit the T-Mo store by my house this morning. Foruth in line at 7.45. No iPhone 5S or 5C. Ordered a white 64GB for delivery.

Then stopped at the one near my office when I got to work (Downtown DC). They had all three colors of 5S in stock, but only 16Gb. The manager told me that no T-MO store will have 64GB as they "aren't that popular."

So, some stores got them. At least 16GB.

some stores have them? can't believe the store I went to would lie so much, here what they told me:
- when waiting "yeah we have all models, you'll be fine" (but they had none)
- we'll ship it in 2 weeks, you'll get the phone before anybody else (meanwhile, people at the apple store getting their phones)
- No T-Mobile store carries the 5S today (apprently you say some do)

unbelievable...

Jedi5

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2009
North Burbs, IL
the store i went to this morning had them.
total of 5 people including myself there.
2 were getting 5c and another customer was getting the 5s.
not at anytime did the rep tell the customers they had to wait for delivery.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Well, if I stood in line to get a phone at a store that said they had them and they opened the doors to a webpage for ordering, I would be pissed. Like run-on sentence pissed. :p

But really, that's pretty f'ed up. Usually I think people are just impatient goofs who need to relax but in your case, waiting in line and being told that they'll order for you is ridiculous.

Fortunately, you'll have your phone soon enough and your iPhone 5 sold, unlike some.

mediaphage

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2012

It's weird that the Apple store barred you from buying an ATT phone without an account; the NYC stores are totally happy to do it; you just need to buy it "device only" at full cost.

atteligibility

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
problem solved: called 10 t-mobile stores around me, 9 of them told me that no t-mobile store was carrying the 5S today, one of them said 'of course we do, and nobody is in line'

So I now have a 5S.

Why make it so complicated to people, willing to wait in line since 5 am? not sure, but happy ending anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.