Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
Thought I'd make a thread for those who decided to purchase a 5c today or had one delivered after pre-ordering last week.

Undoubtedly, the star of today is the 5s - and that's cool. But I'm sure there are a lot of people (like me) who opted for the 5c for whatever reason!

So for me, I loved the 5c the more I looked into it after the announcement.

Today I picked up a Blue 32GB iPhone 5c and have spent all day setting it up, sorting my music, getting to grips with iOS7 (didn't download it on my 5, wanted to wait for new phone) and generally enjoying how the phone feels!

I'm really impressed with this phone. The build quality is great, the rounded edges along with the warmer plastic make for a more comfortable hold than the 5/5s' rigid cold metal and glass. My opinion of course!

Anyway, thought I'd share some pics! I really do love this phone!
Please share yours if you can so we can get a good feel for the colour and how it looks!

About time we had some 5c lovin from people who have bought one or are interested in one!

:)

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
You should read some emails.

Yeah about that... haha. I've tried everything to get them to disappear. Marked as read, deleted account, re installed, turned phone off. Nothing works?!

Little help?!! :eek:

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
Oh god, you guys would flip out if you saw the badge on the Mail app on my iMac.

I think it's close to 10,000.

samtom5

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2011
I have no photos but I love mine!

It's a beautifully made phone and the pink is very me ;)

I don't know why it has so much negativity here, the build is much better than the 5 imo.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
Looks amazing mate as i thought it would, My yellow review to follow later, yes i picked off Apple site following your question in other thread
Cheers for pics, love it!!:)

Brilliant - I'm sure you'll be as pleased as I am!

I was still dubious on mine though up until the point I got iOS7.1 installed (update for 5c / 5s) and selected a blue wallpaper / screen lock. Then it felt right and I was in love haha.

Hope you don't have too much longer to wait! :)

thefourthpope

Contributor
Sep 8, 2007
DelMarVa
I ordered a white 16, for many of the reasons you listed. Still waiting for its arrival. UPS has had it "out for delivery" for six hours. It only takes me 10 minutes to bike across my little town! I'm excited to hopefully have pics to post soon though.

lynn5707

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2013
Midwest
Hi,

I am waiting for my blue to be delivered. Thanks for posting the pics. I had to run out to the mall earlier today & stopped by Sprint and saw the blue in person - love it! BTW they only had one 5s - 16 g gray; Best Buy mobile had 5S 16 gb grey. I am so happy I decided to stick with 5c!

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Oh god, you guys would flip out if you saw the badge on the Mail app on my iMac.

I think it's close to 10,000.

I'm the same. Too much spam and too lazy to delete individually haha. How much free space do you think you would gain if you cleaned it out?

DollaTwentyFive

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2010
Parts Unknown
Really nice looking phone. I have a 5 now so I didn't really consider it. If they had it in navy, I would have probably pulled the trigger. I ended up going with a 5s but I anxious to see the 5c in person.

thefourthpope

Contributor
Sep 8, 2007
DelMarVa
Yeah about that... haha. I've tried everything to get them to disappear. Marked as read, deleted account, re installed, turned phone off. Nothing works?!

The final step would be to go into notification center and turn off badges for your account. Or perhaps just the one you think is responsible, if you have multiples.
I thought there used to be a setting to not sync certain mailboxes, but all I can find is the push/fetch toggle, which won't help you.

If you're on Gmail, there are help docs to turn off how your "all mail" folder is handled with iOS. If you have a bunch of unread messages in there (you just drag to trash/archive without reading) that might be a culprit.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
Really nice looking phone. I have a 5 now so I didn't really consider it. If they had it in navy, I would have probably pulled the trigger. I ended up going with a 5s but I anxious to see the 5c in person.

I agree re navy. That would have been one sexy phone!

The final step would be to go into notification center and turn off badges for your account. Or perhaps just the one you think is responsible, if you have multiples.
I thought there used to be a setting to not sync certain mailboxes, but all I can find is the push/fetch toggle, which won't help you.

If you're on Gmail, there are help docs to turn off how your "all mail" folder is handled with iOS. If you have a bunch of unread messages in there (you just drag to trash/archive without reading) that might be a culprit.

Ah brilliant - I'll give that a try. Thanks a lot for your help! :)

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007

I've had this in the past -- not anywhere near those numbers -- and cleared them by going into each individual email account.

Now the question is... which case, if any?

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
Damn that shade of blue looks so sharp. Yes, to some I could see it being too bright but I love how iOS7 matches up with these bright colors to make the phone so modern but still very fun! Looking forward to going to an Apple store very soon to hold one.

Don't you guys notice something in this thread? Seriously, think about it... look how far we've made it in the thread without a single negative or annoying bitching/complaining comment yet. ;) Go to any other thread and it's insane how much chest thumping there is from people with so much hate and anger. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
I've had this in the past -- not anywhere near those numbers -- and cleared them by going into each individual email account.

Now the question is... which case, if any?

No case! Nakedness is the way forward with this one. Believe me. Once it's in your hand you wont want to cover it up!

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
I'm the same. Too much spam and too lazy to delete individually haha. How much free space do you think you would gain if you cleaned it out?

I dunno. I check my e-mail daily, but anything that's spam and garbage I generally just leave in there.

One lazy weekend I'll take the time to wipe some of it out.

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
No case! Nakedness is the way forward with this one. Believe me. Once it's in your hand you wont want to cover it up!

Seems like a no brainer to have the plastic naked. I've personally always had my 4/4S naked and never had problems with scratches. Even my girlfriend with the white 5 has been fine. If you got a black 5 though I would be worried. ;) Seems like that's why they got rid of the "slate" as it was scratching too much. Even on the iPad Mini the rumor is no more slate, but the new "space grey."
I think the point is "do you actually care?" Are you considering buying one?

Last edited by a moderator:

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
I'm thinking I might try the no-case approach for a bit as well.

The cost of a new case every 6 to 9 months is roughly the same as I'd be dropping on Applecare+, so I'm thinking I might buy Applecare and go caseless.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
Regarding why I went from a 5 to a 5c...
I sold my 5 and had money in my acc on Thursday.

I therefore had no phone this morning when I went to the Vodafone store - to buy a 5s! :eek:

They had no 5s' in white which is what I wanted. But she took the 5c out as I asked to see it and I just instantly wanted it. I loved it. As I needed a phone, I went for it. I upgrade in April, so if I really wanted the s I can go for it then!

For now though, I want nothing but what I've got - I love it.

More pics to come in a sec too! :)

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
I'm thinking I might try the no-case approach for a bit as well.

The cost of a new case every 6 to 9 months is roughly the same as I'd be dropping on Applecare+, so I'm thinking I might buy Applecare and go caseless.

Just a tip, if you have a decent credit card they usually have extended warranty if you buy the item with that credit card(you must still have that card in the future if there is a problem with the phone though). So you'd get 1 standard year from Apple, then the credit card company doubles it to 2 years. It's probably not as quick and easy as AppleCare but the extra warranty is free(and is for any item you ever buy with your credit card).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.