Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Illustr8or

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Hi All,

Just bought the iphone 5s.
Im trying to set it up now but have a problem.

On the "set up your iPhone" when you turn on the phone
it gives you the option to "Restore from icloud backup".

I put in my username and password, agree the terms and conditions, then the next page it takes me to it says "no back ups available". It only gives me the option of:
"Set up as a new iPhone"
OR
"Restore from iTunes"

My username and password is correct. I have tried it on iCloud.com and it works, i see all my saved contacts etc also.

Can anyone please help?
Thanks in advance.

Illustr8or

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Tried again and now it says:

"Cant create apple I.D
Invalid device while creating mme delegate account."

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hi All,

Just bought the iphone 5s.
Im trying to set it up now but have a problem.

On the "set up your iPhone" when you turn on the phone
it gives you the option to "Restore from icloud backup".

I put in my username and password, agree the terms and conditions, then the next page it takes me to it says "no back ups available". It only gives me the option of:
"Set up as a new iPhone"
OR
"Restore from iTunes"

My username and password is correct. I have tried it on iCloud.com and it works, i see all my saved contacts etc also.

Can anyone please help?
Thanks in advance.

Did you ever actually back up your old phone? Contacts are saved in the iCloud settings. You don't need to restore a backup to get those back, just sign into iCloud in your new phone.

Illustr8or

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Did you ever actually back up your old phone? Contacts are saved in the iCloud settings. You don't need to restore a backup to get those back, just sign into iCloud in your new phone.

Mmm, that's possible i guess.
So could i start it as a start up "as new iPhone?" log in to i cloud from my phone and copy everything over?

Illustr8or

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Looks like i backed it up but was incomplete due to not enough free space on icloud.

Thanks for reply tyler.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.