Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yekezei

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Hi guys

This is my first purchase at the Apple Store online and I was wondering in how precise the estimated delivery times are.

It says "Delivers: Sep 30 - Oct 2 by Standard Shipping". Did your previous orders arrive on the estimated delivery time too or did they generally came earlier/later?

Did anyone have a shipping confirmation yet?

stretch80

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
Michigan
Hi guys

This is my first purchase at the Apple Store online and I was wondering in how precise the estimated delivery times are.

It says "Delivers: Sep 30 - Oct 2 by Standard Shipping". Did your previous orders arrive on the estimated delivery time too or did they generally came earlier/later?

I got that same delivery dates as well. My order still says processing. Typically in years past for me it had come early. Hoping this is the case again!

ssls6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
Hi guys

I've lived through this before. They are basically saying "middle of the week after next" but the last time many of us got a 4s on the Friday of the following week (1 or 2 business days earlier than stated).

I would not be surprised to see the phone next week Friday but it could be the following week. If history repeats itself, there will be a lot of posts next week Friday of happy and pissed off 1-3 day'ers.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Typically when it was a preorder, my phone was sitting at UPS 5 days before I actually got it because they were instructed to hold them until release date. Now that the phone has already been released, they may come sooner than expected.

cybertek

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2011
Hi guys

Same info on mine. Hoping to have it next week though.
:)

stretch80

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
Michigan
Typically when it was a preorder, my phone was sitting at UPS 5 days before I actually got it because they were instructed to hold them until release date. Now that the phone has already been released, they may come sooner than expected.

Great point! Hope this is the case!

stretch80

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
Michigan
I also remember being able to track my order in previous years by reference number on the fedex or ups site depending on which they use to ship. It showed up just after apple marked it as preparing to ship.

stretch80

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
Michigan
Do we know if it's even coming VIA UPS? I hope it is since I live about 5 minutes from Worldport. I see everything that comes in and out. :eek:

In years past people got one or the other. Not sure how that is decided though. It usually comes by fedex for me.

Trsmoothie

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2013
I have no idea. Most people have 2-3 day and I have next day and the delivery time is still 9/27 to 10/1

Screen%20Shot%202013-09-20%20at%203.46.33%20PM.png

dasams

macrumors member
May 6, 2011
That is the 2-3 day shipping time frame that I received. I suppose mine will arrive no later than Wednesday though.

As I wrote in another post, I just called Apple and the agent changed the delivery to expedited and he didn't charge me. Reason being is that there's no guarantee it'll arrive before the orig window. So basically I went from Sep 30 - Oct 2 standard shipping to Sep 27 - Oct 1 by 2-3 Business Days. If it arrives Sep 30 or Oct 1, it's within both windows. YMMV.

Counting backwards, these dates suggest they'll leave the US warehouse next Wed, Sep 25.

Trsmoothie

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2013
As I wrote in another post, I just called Apple and the agent changed the delivery to expedited and he didn't charge me. Reason being is that there's no guarantee it'll arrive before the orig window. So basically I went from Sep 30 - Oct 2 standard shipping to Sep 27 - Oct 1 by 2-3 Business Days. If it arrives Sep 30 or Oct 1, it's within both windows. YMMV.

Counting backwards, these dates suggest they'll leave the US warehouse next Wed, Sep 25.

What shipping method do you have?

Yekezei

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
So do we get a tracking number once its arrived in the US warehouse or from the moment its shipped from China

blhoward2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
I just called and can confirm Apple bumped me to expedited for free under a one-time exception. At most, she said this would gain a day. But she warned a co-worker ordered at 12:01 and his was already bumped twice and now says "October." I'm guessing he got the gold.

She also warned that Sept 28-Oct 2 is a Chinese national holiday and their factory will be closed so no shipments during then.

nlclhc

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
I just called Apple and they told me that ALL orders are going to be shipped via UPS and also that ALL of them are "expedite". The operator thought they will arrive by the end of next week. She also told me that nothing will get shipped during the weekend, they will start shipping Monday am (Sunday night in the US).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.