Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c0LdFire

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
I'm seeing the opposite of what most people are claiming: it's really slow! It takes a full second or two for any of my prints (two thumbs and index fingers). I let a coworker put in his finger and he unlocks it INSTANTLY though. Frustrating. Maybe my fingers are uber complex?.. Any suggestions? I've tried re-learning my fingers with no luck so far.

Col Ronson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
I'm seeing the opposite of what most people are claiming: it's really slow! It takes a full second or two for any of my prints (two thumbs and index fingers). I let a coworker put in his finger and he unlocks it INSTANTLY though. Frustrating. Maybe my fingers are uber complex?.. Any suggestions? I've tried re-learning my fingers with no luck so far.

takes some getting used to. I thought you could just tap the button and tada. No, gotta keep the finger on it lol.

c0LdFire

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
That's my problem, though. My coworker can actually just tap it and tada. It recognizes his finger in like a tenth of a second, but mine takes about as long as it'd take me to type in my passcode to begin with.

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
its funny i play guitar like crazy so maybe that makes the touch ID take longer. it took like 12 taps to register my fingerprint in the first place.

The 4 fingers I did all took a while to register but once it did it's super fast. Now if I can just stop myself from swiping automatically. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.