Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macornomac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Ok the 5 is now 99 bucks on Sprint. I'm eligible for an upgrade and don't care for the 5c or 5s. I have a 4s now but was curious to know if any of you guys have got the 5 recently and what firmware they haven't been shipping with from Sprint. I'm currently jailbroken on 6.1.2 on the 4s. Would def get the 5 just for the upgrade for 4g. So anyone have any pointers recommendations? Thanks.

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
I know, I wish that I didn't need to upgrade early to get the 5S or else I would have placed the order at Sprint.com. Sprint's Website did NOT come back up right @ 02:00 Chicago Time and did NOT have any Financing Options Available so I placed the order at Apple.com.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Ok the 5 is now 99 bucks on Sprint. I'm eligible for an upgrade and don't care for the 5c or 5s. I have a 4s now but was curious to know if any of you guys have got the 5 recently and what firmware they haven't been shipping with from Sprint. I'm currently jailbroken on 6.1.2 on the 4s. Would def get the 5 just for the upgrade for 4g. So anyone have any pointers recommendations? Thanks.

My mom and sister both got the iPhone 5 at Verizon.

My sister says she has to download iOS7 onto it, so I know they are on 6.0, I'm not sure exactly what version..

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.

By the way, the only way to get IOS 7.0.1 is to get a 5S or 5C. Everything else is at IOS 7.0.

macornomac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Well the iphone 5 isn't going to ship with 7.0 as they stopped producing them, everything should be old stock. Just wondering what firmware it has been recently.

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.

What are you talking about? Take a look at my signature. I have a White/Silver IPhone 5 with IOS 7.0 GM Seed on it. They are still supporting it right now.

----------

What are you talking about? Take a look at my signature. I have a White/Silver IPhone 5 with IOS 7.0 GM Seed on it. They are still supporting it right now.

All you need is an IPhone 4 or newer to get IOS 7.

----------

Well the iphone 5 isn't going to ship with 7.0 as they stopped producing them, everything should be old stock. Just wondering what firmware it has been recently.

It's all ready out. Look at my sig.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
old production iP5 that they're trying to get rid of. they didn't take them out of the box and update them the iOS7.

probably a 90% shot of you getting it with iOS6. maybe even 100%.

burnout8488

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2011
Endwell, NY

He meant they aren't going to be SHIPPING with iOS7, since the phones aren't being made anymore. Any remaining iPhone 5 models should still have 6.1.4, unless Apple is still secretly making these.

macornomac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
He meant they aren't going to be SHIPPING with iOS7, since the phones aren't being made anymore. Any remaining iPhone 5 models should still have 6.1.4, unless Apple is still secretly making these.

Yup this is what I meant. No way iphone 5 that I'm thinking about getting from sprint will come with 7.0. I'll wait and see how reviews are for 5s before I decide.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California

----------

All you need is an IPhone 4 or newer to get IOS 7.

----------

It's all ready out. Look at my sig.

Yes, everyone knows the iPhone 5 supports iOS 7. The OP's question was what firmware leftover stocks of the 5 (discontinued) are shipping with.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I bought my wife a 64GB iPhone 5 (Sprint) about three weeks ago. It came with iOS 6.0.1. Sat in the stockroom at my Apple store since November.

I jailbroke it.

Your experience may vary because you are after the 16GB so it probably will come with 6.1.4. But the 32 and 64GB's are the slower sellers so your chances of getting a jailbreakable version of iOS would be better with those.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.