Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamsMochi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
So very stupidly of me, I didn't order early enough to catch the 7-10 day shipping bracket. I thought I could nab one quickly after work today at around 11am, oh how wrong was I.

Anyway, I ended up just ordering it from the Apple store online with an October estimate...

I've read so many people say that retail Apple stores get new stock in every day? Is this true? So technically, they will always have a few 5s's in stock?

I'm not bothered about colour, I think they're all pretty decent, just as long as it's the 32gb model.

I can always cancel the Apple order until they actually ship it, so do you think retail stores are likely to get restocked?

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I've tried calling both stores in Manchester, but after being on hold for 30 minutes I gave up.

I can't get to a store till 2pm anyway at the earliest... Think I'll have to wait till 7th-10th October for mine to be delivered.

Degnan92

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
Glasgow Buchanan Street Apple store restocked on Saturday night an employee told me, and didn't start selling till the Sunday morning, they sold out fast as expected, I didn't even go in on Sunday since I thought there was no chance there would be any, regretting that now. Hopefully there will be deliveries this week to the stores going to try going in on mornings!

BOOYAR

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
heads up, the carphone warehouse sim free ones lock to the first sim. Might not be a problem for sum but its no longer sim free

tom.

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
San Francisco, CA
London stores said they get stock every day, but no guarantee it will have any iPhones. Nothing new today, fingers crossed for tomorrow.

michaelmcginley

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
Glasgow Buchanan Street Apple store restocked on Saturday night an employee told me, and didn't start selling till the Sunday morning, they sold out fast as expected, I didn't even go in on Sunday since I thought there was no chance there would be any, regretting that now. Hopefully there will be deliveries this week to the stores going to try going in on mornings!

That's odd because I went in today around 12 and was told they hadn't had any since launch day.

michaelmcginley

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
Did they give any indication when they will be in stock? As in if it's going to be before October?

Nah they just gave me the typical "we don't know" response. Went in today at quarter to 9 and they told the group of us queued outside that they weren't getting any in today.This was just before opening and a delivery man had just been let in and his van was sitting outside. Really frustrating.

jordanogrady

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
I've been trying medowhall Sheffield, and they havnt had any stock since launch day.

I'm wondering if apple have done this on purpose, to go for the "what you can't have, you want" type of affair, or we've sold out of all stock.... Makes them look good too....

----------

OP I did exactly the same... 7-10 days initially, then thought, ah I'll just nip into the store for one, 11 o'clock.... Well, people had actually camped out! WTF! Seriously! The store sold out in 40 minutes apparently!

karmamule

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
Waltham, MA
At this point I think Apple is most concerned with keeping high worldwide sales volumes happening over the coming weeks rather than having some people queueing outside stores.

Wall Street, analysts, etc. are going to be far more focused on sales numbers than queue numbers, so I don't think it's a deliberate move on their part.

bettercallsaul

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2013
What are the chances of another delivery tomorrow cant see it happening two days in a row. These bloody scalpers taking all the gold ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.