Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
(I saw the battery/4S thread, but didn't see one for the 5).

Noticing, like others, that my iPhone 5 doesn't have the stamina it once did now that I replaced iOS6 with iOS7.

As a matter of fact, when I was driving for about 30 minutes today, iPhone 5 plugged into my car stereo and charging, I noticed when I got home that it didn't gain a single percent charge, even though it showed charging.

Reminds me of my iPad 3 that when it use, sucks up so much juice that the charger can't keep up and the device literally stays fixed or loses battery when used and plugged in.

As i drive a lot for my job, I've always used those opportunities to "top off" my iphone but now it seems it doesnt gain anything.

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
There has been thousands of iPhone 5 threads, the 5th iPhone has the worst battery life of all on iOS7, which will be fixed soon mid-october maybe ?
iOS 7.0.2 and will still have bugs till 7.1.x

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
I was noticing pretty terrible battery life. After switching off background app refresh and frequent locations, as well as turning reduced motion on, I've noticed a big improvement. That's what works for me anyway :)

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
There has been thousands of iPhone 5 threads, the 5th iPhone has the worst battery life of all on iOS7, which will be fixed soon mid-october maybe ?
iOS 7.0.2 and will still have bugs till 7.1.x

Let me guess...you're a psychic?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.