Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samanthas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
Portland, OR
I did some searching and nobody seems to be talking about it (which is a bit disconcerting...) Anyway I've noticed that some games that had retina enabled graphics on ios6 are no longer displaying as retina in ios7... Even those that say they are updated for ios7 (Mikey Shorts, for example.)

So yeah I just wanted to know if anyone was noticing this too. Maybe take a look at a game that you knew for sure is/was retina before. I'm on an ipad 3 and so maybe this is ipad/3 related.

I'm not losing my mind I swear. :D

Sherr

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
My retina graphics are gone. The ocean wave background looks like an old tv pre HDR

I did some searching and nobody seems to be talking about it (which is a bit disconcerting...) Anyway I've noticed that some games that had retina enabled graphics on ios6 are no longer displaying as retina in ios7... Even those that say they are updated for ios7 (Mikey Shorts, for example.)

So yeah I just wanted to know if anyone was noticing this too. Maybe take a look at a game that you knew for sure is/was retina before. I'm on an ipad 3 and so maybe this is ipad/3 related.

I'm not losing my mind I swear. :D

After upgrading to ios7 my ipad 3 beautiful retina graphics are gone. Called tech support to go back to 6 and they won't do it. This is a disaster. I bought the ipad 3 for the retina graphics. Apple tech support's pat answer is "we understand that not everyone will like the new look". How insulting. No one wants to go from retina graphics to pre HD tv crap. I paid for the graphics that Apple has now destroyed without a warning that said retina display will be deactivated if you upgrade ( really a downgrade !!). They are not even offering any restitution for the damage done. Any attorneys out there that want to start a class action lawsuit???

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
After upgrading to ios7 my ipad 3 beautiful retina graphics are gone. Called tech support to go back to 6 and they won't do it. This is a disaster. I bought the ipad 3 for the retina graphics. Apple tech support's pat answer is "we understand that not everyone will like the new look". How insulting. No one wants to go from retina graphics to pre HD tv crap. I paid for the graphics that Apple has now destroyed without a warning that said retina display will be deactivated if you upgrade ( really a downgrade !!). They are not even offering any restitution for the damage done. Any attorneys out there that want to start a class action lawsuit???

Sounds like an incompetent answer from tech support. Retina has not been disabled, this is just a software bug caused by the new operating system that confuses apps as to whether or not the device is retina enabled. It will be fixed soon enough wait a few weeks

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York

... you could argue this is an app developers problem for not testing and updating their app to operate properly in iOS 7.... but it does sound like you got a pretty pathetic response from Apple's tech support.

Thierry ba

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2012
Sarajevo, Bosnia

Who forced you to update?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.