Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chopsuey158

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
USA
I feel kind of stupid posting this, but I would like advice on where to buy a new battery for a 12" iBook. It is a dual usb, so I could pick one up from the apple site but at $130 they seem somewhat pricey. I'm only posting this because the battery I have now is a 3rd party battery and isn't an exact match. The edges are not smooth, which is ok but the iBook shuts off when I pick it up or set it down sometimes (when it's running off of the battery). So...anyone know where to get a battery for an iBook that will work flawlessly?

xy14

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2004
Minneapolis
chopsuey158 said:
I feel kind of stupid posting this, but I would like advice on where to buy a new battery for a 12" iBook. It is a dual usb, so I could pick one up from the apple site but at $130 they seem somewhat pricey. I'm only posting this because the battery I have now is a 3rd party battery and isn't an exact match. The edges are not smooth, which is ok but the iBook shuts off when I pick it up or set it down sometimes (when it's running off of the battery). So...anyone know where to get a battery for an iBook that will work flawlessly?

Just search for it on Froogle. I got Mac OS 10.2 a while back for my iMac (in my sig, which i sold) for only $7 on powerbookrepairshop or something.

Heres a battery I found on it for $77.34:
http://www.batterysavings.com/Laptops/Apple/iBook-White-12/BLP1327-10-8-Volt-Li-Ion-Laptop-Battery.aspx?TID=C10204x002&kw=BLP1327

chopsuey158

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
USA
I'm hesitant to just order one like that since the battery I have is a 3rd party battery and it doesn't work perfectly. Does anyone have a 3rd party battery for their iBook that works and remember where they got it?

dman8950

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2005
Lafayette, IN
no help from me, but i have the same question

yeah, i also had a 3rd party battery. it worked fine, until it stopped holding a charge. there was some gradual decline in performance, but the final drop off was abrupt.

did you find one to buy?

does anyone know a good match?

also, in doing some research, i noticed that some of the new batteries have different I/V values. i dont really know much about laptop batteries, but i would think using a battery that operates at higher/lower voltage/current levels might be trouble... am i wrong? what is the best performance levels for a 500MHz g3 ibook (dual usb)?

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.