Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 28, 2013, 03:54 PM   #76
mightygitis
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77crew View Post
It's a constant loop. Appointment with an apple 'genius' Monday
Have you looked at what happened to mine? I was able to fix the loop.
mightygitis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2013, 08:00 PM   #77
77crew
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightygitis View Post
Have you looked at what happened to mine? I was able to fix the loop.
Tried that. Works for 10 mins then starts again. Pissed off
77crew is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2013, 08:00 PM   #78
mightygitis
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77crew View Post
Tried that. Works for 10 mins then starts again. Pissed off
Even after a full system restore? Yipes they need to give you a new phone.
mightygitis is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2013, 08:15 PM   #79
rfs2005
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlefury View Post
Replacement for what? Apple doesn't warranty against faulty 3rd party apps. Send a big report to google.
A big report to Google... I've got about 10,000 words so far, with pics and charts. Do you think that'll be sufficient.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
rfs2005 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2013, 09:31 PM   #80
kas23
macrumors 603

Wow, this was unexpected...BSOD-gate. Where's the popcorn eating emoticon when you need it.
kas23 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 01:54 AM   #81
DcoalStrat
macrumors member

It happen to me when I click on assistive touch

then it happen again while using FaceTime
DcoalStrat is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 03:55 AM   #82
thadoggfather
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilo777 View Post
All iOS 7 bugs will be fixed right before the release of iOS 8 and then beta-testing will resume :-) How times change! Android is much more stable now than iOS.
I have to agree with this.

6.0.x would consistently re spring (for those who don't know, apple logo, then back to lock screen) when using camera slide up from lock screen to take a pic and returning to the home screen from there.

Pathetic for a feature introduced and working perfectly in 5.1, the version before (and it was on 5.0 but you had to double tap the home button to prompt it)

I don't remember what happened with going from 4.3.3 to 5.0.x, but I feel like there was some tradeoffs there in the maturity of the OS there as well, even though I loved the changes (iMessage, for one and many others I think OTA updates and going PC-less, something to that effect..) like battery life and performance mildly.

The music app in iOS 7 seems like such a serious step backwards compared to iOS 6 in terms of scrolling forever.

And I don't know how people can say 7.0 is more mature in its cycle than 6.1.x

6.1.x cleaned up the nastiness from 6.0.x. and finally made my iPhone 5 feel as stable and solid as my 4s was on 5.1.1. I also know the 5.0 to 5.1.1 leap wasn't placebo because I used a 5.0.1 4s later on, and I could feel its inferiority in daily usage.

At least Android, for all of its flaws, keeps building on top of itself and hasn't really radically changed their whole system since ICS 4.0 so every iteration leading up to now with 4.4, is better and not a step backwards in some regards.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas23 View Post
Wow, this was unexpected...BSOD-gate. Where's the popcorn eating emoticon when you need it.

But FWIW if this is widespread enough, I think it's a software issue. Especially if someone here experienced it with iPhone 5 on the betas.

The real gate might be gyroscope-gate. That thread is intriguing.

Last edited by thadoggfather; Oct 1, 2013 at 04:04 AM.
thadoggfather is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:30 AM   #83
mykelala01
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
just happened to me this morning using an app called PDF Expert

I REALLY dont want to return my GOLD 64gb.......high probability it'll be gone at the store anyways

Updating from iOS 7.0 to 7.0.2 and praying this fixes the issue!

THIS REALLY BITES!!!
You don't need to return it you can exchange it for the same color. If they are, out of stock of Gold's... they will call you, when your phone is available.
mykelala01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:00 AM   #84
whtrbt7
macrumors 6502a

It's a kernel panic.

So to fix this issue, you'll need to restore the phone to scratch and then reinstall apps and data to the phone without using a backup restore. So the reason why this happens is due to corruption in some of the base system files. These issues specifically happen when you keep using a single backup and don't restore from scratch after a while. The funny thing is that this wasn't as prevalent before but is more prevalent now due to app updates and all sorts of rewriting certain amounts of data over time. Apple might want to have a checksum that runs every so often on the device to prevent this issue or just stop app developers from updating every day.
whtrbt7 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:19 AM   #85
RyanWho
macrumors newbie

My i5s resprings pretty frequently... I've had it blue-screen only once, though, which was while trying to use the "share" feature for a photo on Facebook. I can't reproduce it, and the BSoD hasn't happened again since 7.0.2, but I doubt that's relevant.
RyanWho is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 12:29 PM   #86
Melodeath
macrumors 6502

This just happened to me. I was in the Facebook app, clicked a link in someone's status. The screen turned blue (with a single, thin black horizontal line) for a second, and then the phone restarted.

iOS 7.0.2
Melodeath is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 12:20 AM   #87
theonekcrow
macrumors 6502

I've had this happen twice. Yesterday it did this when I was opening the Messages app, restored as a new phone from that point. Also happened again tonight when I got a notification from the Facebook app.

Also on 7.0.2

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtrbt7 View Post
It's a kernel panic.

So to fix this issue, you'll need to restore the phone to scratch and then reinstall apps and data to the phone without using a backup restore. So the reason why this happens is due to corruption in some of the base system files. These issues specifically happen when you keep using a single backup and don't restore from scratch after a while. The funny thing is that this wasn't as prevalent before but is more prevalent now due to app updates and all sorts of rewriting certain amounts of data over time. Apple might want to have a checksum that runs every so often on the device to prevent this issue or just stop app developers from updating every day.
This sounds reasonable, except as I said in my post, it did it twice, the second time happening after I restored the phone and started as new. I wonder if it's a huge glitch in 7.0.0-7.0.2

Update: I got stuck in a boot loop due to this problem, and I have only noticed it on 7.0.2, so I am attempting to DFU restore to 7.0 to see how it works. Fingers are crossed.

Update 2: After several errors, I was able to restore to 7.0.2 and then did an option restore to 7.0. Hopefully this goes a little better than before...

Last edited by theonekcrow; Oct 2, 2013 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Updates
theonekcrow is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 09:15 AM   #88
roken
macrumors regular

Happens every time i switch from pages to mail!

Have restored from scratch and it's still doing the same thing. 5s 64gb gold.
roken is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 09:54 AM   #89
bigjnyc
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by roken View Post
Happens every time i switch from pages to mail!

Have restored from scratch and it's still doing the same thing. 5s 64gb gold.
Lol I don't think the color has any relevance
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:19 AM   #90
Beauborg
macrumors newbie

Happening to me too.

Whenever I leave Numbers open in the background. I can't find any issue with pdf expert tho.
Beauborg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:51 AM   #91
Beauborg
macrumors newbie

I've discovered it only happens when using a spreadsheet I created previously and imported from iCloud. Never with a new spreadsheet.

Any ideas anyone?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 12:08 PM   #92
roken
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjnyc View Post
Lol I don't think the color has any relevance
Ack, force of habit!

Showed Apple store today without appointment, as I bought direct from them they have replaced with a sealed new handset immediately. Obviously have stock for such occasions.

Will see if the same happens on the new one...
roken is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 12:42 PM   #93
Beauborg
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Ack, force of habit!

Showed Apple store today without appointment, as I bought direct from them they have replaced with a sealed new handset immediately. Obviously have stock for such occasions.

Please let us know!

Meanwhile I've discovered same problem with Pages
Old Oct 2, 2013, 05:14 PM   #94
bigjnyc
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Ack, force of habit!

I had mine replaced by apple the day after launch.... and shortly after I got home the problem was happening again..... I don't think it has anything to do with the hardware. It's definitely a software thing.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 08:42 AM   #95
MacSter2011
macrumors member

Getting this same blue screen error on a brand new 5S when using pages.
Def seems like an OS Error.
MacSter2011 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2013, 06:13 PM   #96
al256
macrumors 6502a

Just got my new 64GB Gold Verizon 5s (though I'm running straight talk LTE) and this had to happen. I didn't even have to update to 7.0.2.

I had been restoring from an iCloud backup made from my old iPhone 5 AT&T running 7.0.2.

After all applications have been restored, I began (re)setting up and testing various apps. I decided to try my oldest app, Space Deadbeef, everything works fine even though this app was developed in 2008.

I then proceed to open Pages for the first time. I load a previously saved iCloud document and then close it and create a new document, close it and then delete it. I go to press the home button and bam! My phone blue screens (no lines though) and reboots.

I immediately repeat everything I just did and #onomatopoeia! Another blue screen and a reboot when closing pages.

I then try a third time but no blue screen. So, I called Apple using that limited 90 day phone support and reported everything I could.

iWork, 64bit OS and/or API issues... Those are my guesses.
al256 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2013, 06:59 PM   #97
digitalfailure
macrumors regular

I've been getting this since my 5s arrived and through 0.1 and 0.2 but never when using numbers.

Flickr
Mail
Safari
Facebook
And when closing apps

Once it even crashed the phone completely and needed iTunes to restore it.

It's a major pain in the ass when your wary of using a device you depend throughout the work day.
digitalfailure is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2013, 12:42 AM   #98
whtrbt7
macrumors 6502a

Almost forgot to post this: If you are doing a restore, try deleting and re-downloading the update. Sometimes kernel panics can happen when there is a corrupted restore.
whtrbt7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2013, 06:07 AM   #99
E2EK1EL
macrumors 6502

iPhone 5S users report 'Blue Screen Of Death' reboots

(Here comes the bloggers attacking after one site reports about it)

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/11/4826934/iphone-5s-blue-screen-reboots
E2EK1EL is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2013, 06:12 AM   #100
digitalfailure
macrumors regular

Had the blue screen again this morning after unlocking the phone with my code ( don't use fingerprint) and pressing the mail icon. This time though was the first time I've seen vertical red lines across the screen.
digitalfailure is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone