Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fiatlux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
The MP4,1 that I bought on eBay came with an Apple RAID card (a nice surprise as it was not mentioned).

I was thinking of reselling it to recover some of my expenses as I only ever used OSX's software RAID 0 and was perfectly happy with the perfs.

Any reason why I should keep that card? I know I can do RAID 5 with hardware parity computing but I'm not convinced I want to dedicate 3-4 HDD to a RAID set.

flatfoot

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2009
The MP4,1 that I bought on eBay came with an Apple RAID card (a nice surprise as it was not mentioned).

I was thinking of reselling it to recover some of my expenses as I only ever used OSX's software RAID 0 and was perfectly happy with the perfs.

Any reason why I should keep that card? I know I can do RAID 5 with hardware parity computing but I'm not convinced I want to dedicate 3-4 HDD to a RAID set.

I'd sell it. I only use OSX's software RAID, too.

fiatlux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
I'd sell it, but don't expect to get a lot from it.

If only i could sell at Apple's price... My MP 4,1 would have become free ;-)

I might sell it as a bundle with the 4 enterprise-class 1 TB HDDs that came with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.