Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Hello guys,
could you please help me with these two questions?

1) is there addon or soemthing that would allow me to read .dpx files? I have my image sequence in .dpx format and I would like to work with it in Final Cut. What is the best way that you would know, please?

2) I have image sequence that was done with linear workflow so the gamma is 2.2 and I would like to do the .454 conversion in final cut but I can't see to find the precise number. All I have is sliders which are not accurate. Is there a way to enter the value numerically myself, please?

Thank you :)

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hello guys,
could you please help me with these two questions?

1) is there addon or soemthing that would allow me to read .dpx files? I have my image sequence in .dpx format and I would like to work with it in Final Cut. What is the best way that you would know, please?

2) I have image sequence that was done with linear workflow so the gamma is 2.2 and I would like to do the .454 conversion in final cut but I can't see to find the precise number. All I have is sliders which are not accurate. Is there a way to enter the value numerically myself, please?

Thank you :)

Google found this for importing .dpx http://www.gluetools.com/products_dpx.html

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Google found this for importing .dpx http://www.gluetools.com/products_dpx.html

Thank you,
I came across it before but it doesn't seem to work with FCX.

I've found a converter for those images which might be an option if there is no plugin for FCX but for now I'm still trying to find a plugin as I think that could work. System shows me that I could use "colours" to open the file with but I've lost the licence and now can't find it. (i've changed 3 computers so thats why :( )

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Thank you,
I came across it before but it doesn't seem to work with FCX.

I've found a converter for those images which might be an option if there is no plugin for FCX but for now I'm still trying to find a plugin as I think that could work. System shows me that I could use "colours" to open the file with but I've lost the licence and now can't find it. (i've changed 3 computers so thats why :( )

You don't need a plug-in the FCP, you only transcode the files to ProRes once.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.