Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Impuls3101

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
I am on a 4s and use my iPhone as my alarm clock. I have had 3 morning where it hasn't gone off in the last week. It worked the first time I updated to iOS 7 but the default sound was so soft I slept through it. I have since changed the tone and I am still have problems with it not going off. Last night I set again and it didn't go off but now it is showing me that the alarm is on for tomorrow morning. :confused: . 3rd party apps seem to work fine its just the built in alarm is hit or miss now.

This is just a fyi to everyone that I would use another alarm clock if you rely on your iPhone.

knightlie

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
I am on a 4s and use my iPhone as my alarm clock. I have had 3 morning where it hasn't gone off in the last week. It worked the first time I updated to iOS 7 but the default sound was so soft I slept through it. I have since changed the tone and I am still have problems with it not going off. Last night I set again and it didn't go off but now it is showing me that the alarm is on for tomorrow morning. :confused: . 3rd party apps seem to work fine its just the built in alarm is hit or miss now.

This is just a fyi to everyone that I would use another alarm clock if you rely on your iPhone.

I've missed the alarm twice now, once using Rise and once with the built in alarm - both times I Wake to find the alarm message on the lock screen and no sound. I guess I'll have to dig out my old digital watch from somewhere...

chambone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Netherlands
Must be some setting guys. I use two alarms on weekday mornings on my 4S and they wake me up fine, as they did with iOS 6. I'm using 'opening' which is the default sound I think. A thing to note is that I didn't actualy set the alarms in iOS 7, but they carried over from backup.

nsnarayan10

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2013

I havent had any problem so far with the Alarm and when a new update is out issues vary from person to person and this probably looks like a bug in ios7 and I heard ios 7xx is in testing,so wait for them!

tkwolf

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2012
As a medstudent, I have missed two lab sessions because of this. It is frustrating. Apple is getting on my nerves right now. I thought I was the only one.

noTe on iPhone

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2008
My alarm didn't wake me up today either. I made no changes in my alarm going from 6 to 7. iPhone 4S by the way and using a custom ring tone I made from a song on iTunes awhile ago.

Last edited:

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
As a medstudent, I have missed two lab sessions because of this. It is frustrating. Apple is getting on my nerves right now. I thought I was the only one.

You are a medstudent and something as simple as Alarm is getting on your nerves!!!

I would be worried to be your patient, whenever in future, if you can get through your nerves and the exams !!!

tkwolf

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2012
You are a medstudent and something as simple as Alarm is getting on your nerves!!!

I would be worried to be your patient, whenever in future, if you can get through your nerves and the exams !!!

Lol I am fine with those things, I just hate being late or missing anything. But really imagine having to wake up, finding out that you missed your labs which are necessary for your succeeding exams. Then the next day, with less sleep you wake up looking at your phone and realising that you are 2 hours late for the lab and lecture. Not a good way to start the week. This also isn't the first time that apple has had issues with alarms.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
My body is programmed to wake up the same time every day but the alarm makes me get up to turn it off.

I noticed with iOS when I set my alarm in the morning it works, but when I set At night it doesn't. Then I noticed when you set alarm it defaults to current time. PM in this case. Wasn't always like that.

StevenB14

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Scotland
My body is programmed to wake up the same time every day but the alarm makes me get up to turn it off.

I noticed with iOS when I set my alarm in the morning it works, but when I set At night it doesn't. Then I noticed when you set alarm it defaults to current time. PM in this case. Wasn't always like that.

What phone are you using?

So far not seen anyone say it's happening on iPhone 5s.

netsped

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
I have the alarm to go on at 06:30 every week day. Both today and last Wednesday, it didn't wake me up.

I did a complete restore and set my iPhone 5 as new. I have already programed a new alarm after the first day it didn't went on but today it happened again.

Both days I have overslept :eek:

I also woke up to find the snooze timer stopped on the lock screen.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
I can't remember the last time my alarm woke me up as I always wake up before it goes off. :mad:

But mine goes off every morning.

Not sure what's happening for you guys but it's a pretty serious bug!

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
I have the alarm to go on at 06:30 every week day. Both today and last Wednesday, it didn't wake me up.

I did a complete restore and set my iPhone 5 as new. I have already programed a new alarm after the first day it didn't went on but today it happened again.

Both days I have overslept :eek:

I also woke up to find the snooze timer stopped on the lock screen.

hmmm strange, i also have set up as new iPhone 5. And also today it didnt work, while before it was working. Maybe some days are bugged

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
What phone are you using?

So far not seen anyone say it's happening on iPhone 5s.

I have the 5S.

The issue was with me, not the phone.

When you create a new alarm it defaults to the current time (1:17PM). I was changing the hours but not AM/PM. I don't have iOS 6 in front of me, but I don't believe it worked that way. I think it started at 12AM.

edit. just looked at a youtube video and it seems it always defaulted to the current time... I don't know then. Guess it was always like that.

Last edited:

StevenB14

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Scotland
I have the 5S.

The issue was with me, not the phone.

When you create a new alarm it defaults to the current time (1:17PM). I was changing the hours but not AM/PM. I don't have iOS 6 in front of me, but I don't believe it worked that way. I think it started at 12AM.

edit. just looked at a youtube video and it seems it always defaulted to the current time... I don't know then. Guess it was always like that.

Ah ok.

Seems to be an issue relating to older devices upgrading to ios7. Haven't seen any reporting this with iPhone 5s.

I use the alarm clock on it to get me up in the morning for work so was just trying to find out it if was something to be wary of.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

I have 2 alarms set:

1. every weekeday at 6:30am (wake up for work)
2. every other day 6:00pm (Water the yard)

Both have worked consistently since iOS 7 Beta 1 (3 months now).

Have you tried to reset your settings? restarted the phone?

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
Here is pic of additional alarm glitch. I have woke up earlier than alarm was set, turned off and alarm icon still stayed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 355

badtz8

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2013
Hi,

I have the exact same problem, iPhone 4S after upgrading to iOS7, the alarm clock randomly doesn't ring, just displays the message on screen. Happened 3 times in 2 weeks... I didn't do the latest system update that fixed a few things, did some people do it and did it change something for the alarm ?

ultranoia

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
I'm having the same alarm problem on my iPad 3 running ios7--i set an alarm for the next morning (am), and it never goes off. Today i noticed the alarm had moved forward one day. (Monday night i set the alarm for tuesday morning; on tuesday morning, the alarm had jumped to wednesday morning.)

Jeans515

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2013
I have the iPhone 5 and have had increasing issues with alarms not going off. I have set them all in iOS 7. I am trying to delete them all and resetting them to see if this solves the problem. However, I am not optimistic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.