Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:25 PM   #1
pojo1806
macrumors 6502

Undecided..

Basically I have the iPhone 4, in November I can upgrade but looking round today at the 5s I am not sure if it's worth all the extra money when I can just get the 5, which is still a huge upgrade from my 4. I don't want the 5c as it felt a bit crappy if I'm honest..

Basically I can't decide..
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:28 PM   #2
SandboxGeneral

You can't get the 5 anymore, at least from Apple or any carrier (unless they still have some on hand). You'll have to look on eBay, Craigslist, etc..

You can get a 4S for free now (on contract), and iOS 7 runs quite smoothly on it, that's what I have right now.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:40 PM   #3
pojo1806
macrumors 6502

Yeah it's different over here in the UK, every phone shop had plenty of stock and all websites still have them. They are actually still offering the iPhone 4.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:54 PM   #4
*~Kim~*
macrumors 6502

If you're waiting until November I'd doubt that there will be any stock left of the 5. If you're wanting a 5, the best thing would be to buy it on PAYG and change your contract to a sim only deal when your minimum period is up.
*~Kim~* is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:59 PM   #5
Carlanga
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
You can't get the 5 anymore, at least from Apple or any carrier (unless they still have some on hand). You'll have to look on eBay, Craigslist, etc..
AT&T Premier accounts can get the 5, if anyone has a FAN account that is reading the thread.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:07 PM   #6
OneMike
macrumors 68040

Just wait till November. It's almost October.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:54 PM   #7
pojo1806
macrumors 6502

I'm not really asking about stock issues, I know I can get a 5 when my contract ends :P the question I am asking is if the 5s is really worth the extra? It'd cost me like 120 up front extra and 7 a month extra.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 02:00 PM   #8
Azy
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pojo1806 View Post
I'm not really asking about stock issues, I know I can get a 5 when my contract ends :P the question I am asking is if the 5s is really worth the extra? It'd cost me like 120 up front extra and 7 a month extra.
I take out 2 year contracts and I remember thinking the 4 will be fine over the 4S, the only difference is Siri and a slightly improved camera so whatever, the 4 will be fine. Not a massively noticeable performance increase. Yet when things start moving on and getting more demanding the 4 felt slow, really slow. My other half got a 4S some time on and it worked so much better.

so right now, no you probably wont care or think its worth the extra. In a years time when everything geared towards the faster 64 bit processor, you may regret it!
Azy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 02:07 PM   #9
pojo1806
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azy View Post
I take out 2 year contracts and I remember thinking the 4 will be fine over the 4S, the only difference is Siri and a slightly improved camera so whatever, the 4 will be fine. Not a massively noticeable performance increase. Yet when things start moving on and getting more demanding the 4 felt slow, really slow. My other half got a 4S some time on and it worked so much better.

so right now, no you probably wont care or think its worth the extra. In a years time when everything geared towards the faster 64 bit processor, you may regret it!
Hmm you do make a good argument, same thing with me and my other half, I got a 4 and she got a 4s, only the last year has her phone been noticeably better, mainly feature wise..

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone