Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Fendi10023
macrumors newbie

Okay, now I'm nervous

I walked into my local Sprint store yesterday to try and get the 5s. A sales associate told me they didn't have any (not sure if sold out or just didn't get any). Anyways, she did tell me that I could order then and they would pretty much order me a phone and I would get a call telling me to pick it up on Monday.Anyone ever done this? She seemed quite sure and on point with what she was saying, but I've read quite a few horror stories recently that has me questioning ..
Fendi10023 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:09 PM   #2
pmau
macrumors 6502a

What do you expect?

She wouldn't say "Sure. Order it here and we will give it to you in 3 weeks." ?

You would leave immediately...
pmau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:13 PM   #3
verwon
macrumors 68030

You're dealing with Sprintů.take everything they say with a freaking mountain of salt and toss it into the trash!

I tried several times to order phones through them and I have officially given up!!! Even after paying for overnight shipping, in store pick-up and etc. I never got anything sooner than a week after I ordered it!!!

I no longer care if they'd be offering me 75% off the new iPhone, I order all phones for my son and myself through Apple only!
verwon is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:15 PM   #4
mush10
macrumors member

If it helps I stopped at a Best Buy looking for an AT&T model. They didn't have them, but did have Sprint. May want to check your local Best Buy.
mush10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:15 PM   #5
pmau
macrumors 6502a

My first iPhone was a 3GS, locked at T-Mobile.
This was my last locked phone.

I never ever want to deal with customer service from carriers again.
They want to sell new contracts, that's all they care about.

(It's a bit different here in Europe.)
pmau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:17 PM   #6
Velin
macrumors 6502a

You'll be lucky to get a phone by Thanksgiving. Scalper teams will continue to buy up gold and silver, they are doubling their money on Ebay and Craiglist.

Check it for yourself.
Velin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:20 PM   #7
OneMike
macrumors 68040

I'd say whether intentionally or not she was lying to you.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:27 PM   #8
eyoungren
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMike View Post
I'd say whether intentionally or not she was lying to you.
She's a Sprint store employee and she opened her mouth and spoke words, so yeah, she's lying
First rule of being a Sprint customer is never to believe a word a Sprint CSR says.

Get that rule down and deal with Sprint on that basis and your Sprint experience will go much smoother.

One of the reasons I bought direct from Apple online when I got my iPhone 5. Now all I have to deal with Sprint for is paying my bill. I deal with Apple if my iPhone needs anything.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:27 PM   #9
RolandNights
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fendi10023 View Post
I walked into my local Sprint store yesterday to try and get the 5s. A sales associate told me they didn't have any (not sure if sold out or just didn't get any). Anyways, she did tell me that I could order then and they would pretty much order me a phone and I would get a call telling me to pick it up on Monday.Anyone ever done this? She seemed quite sure and on point with what she was saying, but I've read quite a few horror stories recently that has me questioning ..
I did the same thing, but I'm not sure how the system actually works. FWIW, I put a $50 "deposit" down. They put the $50 on a gift card and gave it back to me for when I actually buy the phone.

They took my contact info and said they'd call/email me when the phone was available. However, the receipt he gave me just said I purchased a gift card and there were no details about any phone. When I worked at Best Buy, we actually managed "waitlists" for the iPad 3 in the same manner, but the customer was given a printout detailing the nature of their reservation (we didn't openly advertise it, but if a customer asked we would do it for them). Likewise, I remember those customers coming back with an email printout saying their purchases was ready for pickup.

Has anyone worked with Sprint to do the same thing?
RolandNights is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:47 PM   #10
12vElectronics
macrumors 6502a

Should be fairly easier to get a Sprint iPhone considering last year every retailer who did have stock left only had it for Sprint.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 02:07 PM   #11
617aircav
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velin View Post
You'll be lucky to get a phone by Thanksgiving. Scalper teams will continue to buy up gold and silver, they are doubling their money on Ebay and Craiglist.

Check it for yourself.
Interesting. I ordered two gold tmobile versions from apple.com as gifts. May end up selling them if prices stay high and gift the other colors instead.
617aircav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 02:09 PM   #12
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

i walked into a local radioshack and they had one but for AT&T, apple is doing these supply things on purpose lol
Old Sep 23, 2013, 04:11 PM   #13
Fendi10023
macrumors newbie

Posting pics once I get home
Fendi10023 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone