Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alleyooptroop

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2010
just got a 32gb verizon 5s in space grey. upon coming home and setting up i'm noticing very slow and even non existent wifi speeds. another iphone and a laptop in the house aren't having trouble. could there be something wrong with the wifi antenna?

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
just got a 32gb verizon 5s in space grey. upon coming home and setting up i'm noticing very slow and even non existent wifi speeds. another iphone and a laptop in the house aren't having trouble. could there be something wrong with the wifi antenna?

Mine seems about normal...
tysy3uba.jpg

alleyooptroop

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2010
thanks for rubbing it in. there's something weird going on. i did a speedtest on my laptop and i'm getting 20+ down and 20+ up. but when i do it on my 5s i'm not even getting 1mb down. anyone have any ideas?

alleyooptroop

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2010
Try unplugging your network router/cable modem, wait 2 minutes, replug, etc.

reset network settings on your phone and see if that helps

i've tried both of these and am getting the same results. weird thing is this is the second phone that this is happening to. i bought one this morning, experienced this problem when i got home and immediately went back to the apple store to make an exchange thinking there was something wrong with the wifi antenna. now that this is happening to a second phone there has to be something that my network is doing to the phone. does that sound right? is that possible? btw, my lte speeds are fine when i'm out and about. i've also tried completely resetting the modem completely. ugh!

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
When was the last time you had new device on your personal network? Even brief guests?

Also, did you physically unplug your cable modem and router, or just software reset both from the admin panel? Did you wait the 30+ seconds?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.