Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shasoosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
I've tried any any way I know to downgrade from iOS 7 to 6.1.3 using a valid 6.1.3 blob. I've checked the blob with iFaith and it's valid but after building my stitched ipsw I keep getting error 11 with itunes.

To my understanding it should just work without me using the TSS server in tiny umb (which also doesn't work btw)

What am I doing wrong?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I've tried any any way I know to downgrade from iOS 7 to 6.1.3 using a valid 6.1.3 blob. I've checked the blob with iFaith and it's valid but after building my stitched ipsw I keep getting error 11 with itunes.

To my understanding it should just work without me using the TSS server in tiny umb (which also doesn't work btw)

What am I doing wrong?

From the last few days on twitter, it appears that iTunes 11 breaks custom restores. Try using redsn0w to restore?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 278

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
Have you tried pointing RedSnow to the 6.0 blob and then using RedSnow to restore to the 6.1.3 firmware?

idk if it would work as I stayed on 6.1.3 so I haven't tried it.

shasoosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
redsnow is stuck on "waiting for device". I hope there will be a fix for it soon. iOS 7 sucks so much on my iPhone 4 that I prefer using 6.1.3 without an untethered jailbreak.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
redsnow is stuck on "waiting for device". I hope there will be a fix for it soon. iOS 7 sucks so much on my iPhone 4 that I prefer using 6.1.3 without an untethered jailbreak.

If you downgrade iTunes to 11.0.5 and put the iPhone 4 in pwned DFU mode, are you able to downgrade with the custom ipsw? (You may need to bring back the old version of your iTunes library file in order to open iTunes 11.0.5)

shasoosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
If you downgrade iTunes to 11.0.5 and put the iPhone 4 in pwned DFU mode, are you able to downgrade with the custom ipsw? (You may need to bring back the old version of your iTunes library file in order to open iTunes 11.0.5)

I'll definitely try that after work. Do you mind elaborating on the iTunes library file ? How can I bring it back after an upgrade?

shasoosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
I'm still getting error 11 with iTunes 11.0.5 with a custom ipsw 6.1.3. Sad..

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
From the iphonewiki:
Error 11
Removed BBFW file in the firmware folder of an unzipped IPSW. Can also be used to prevent a baseband update. The device is bootable, if you set the auto-boot to true or use TinyUmbrella and use "Kick Device out of Recovery".
You are trying to update to a custom firmware from PwnageTool 4.1+. You always have to go into DFU mode and restore from there.

You are putting it in DFU and not in recovery?

shasoosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
I used DFU Pwner in iFaith. Anyway, after a lot of tries I got the ipsw to install only after downloading iTunes 11.0.0. Anything higher than that gave me Error 11. I'm so glad I'm back to iOS 6. iOS 7 was soo slow on my iPhone 4.

And the wait for the 6.1.3 jailbreak begins.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I just had a friend who wanted to try her iPod touch 4th gen on iOS 7 to find out iOS 7 doesn't support her itouch

She then asked me to downgrade and rejailbreak for her

I successfully downgraded it from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 using iTunes 11.1

Reading ih8sn0w's tweet again, he says it only affects you if you're on iOS 7 AND using iTunes 11.1

blero

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2013

I have to that problem with itunes error 11 i downgrade from ios 7 to 4.3.3 and "waiting for device" with redsn0w but i restore after try three time when say waiting for device just wait till start restoring.

sirqaz

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2013
So is there any way to downgrade to 6.1.3? i have blobs only for 6.1.3

Last edited:

danb77

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2007
I have to that problem with itunes error 11 i downgrade from ios 7 to 4.3.3 and "waiting for device" with redsn0w but i restore after try three time when say waiting for device just wait till start restoring.

So Redsnow worked to downgrade to 6.1.3 in the end?

danb77

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2007
Dhlizard, can you help me solve this conundrum? I jailbroke my iPhone 4 yesterday on 6.1.3. This is after Apple closed the signing window for 6.1.3. Nevertheless, Cydia was able to generate a SHSH blob and iFaith says that the blob is valid and is able to build a patched IPSW from it.

How was Cydia able to generate a valid blob after the signing window closed? Does it incorporate some of iFaith's tricks now?

[Also: What is the difference between snowbreeze and iFaith?]

sirqaz

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2013
Is it an iPhone 4? If not, no way to downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6

yes it is iphone 4. and i still can't downgrade it. redsn0w created a custom ipsw for me from my saved blobs for 6.1.3 but itunes gives me an error 11. maybe i have to reinstall itunes for older version? i have newest version of itunes

danb77

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2007
you need itunes 10.5 and use sn0wbreeze to create the custom IPSW, redsn0w on't work.

Another noob question (so please don't bit my head off). What is the difference between Snowbreeze and iFaith? It seems that iFaith has snowbreeze and iReb functionality built in. Correct? (And yes I have googled!)

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Another noob question (so please don't bit my head off). What is the difference between Snowbreeze and iFaith? It seems that iFaith has snowbreeze and iReb functionality built in. Correct? (And yes I have googled!)

sn0wbreeze cannot extract blobs on current firmware only iFaith does that.

danb77

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2007
sn0wbreeze cannot extract blobs on current firmware only iFaith does that.

Thanks. So is the "build" functionality in iFaith simply snowbreeze built in (as the "PWNED-DMU mode seems to be iReb built in)?

iFaith is an impressive piece of software.

sirqaz

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2013
i successfully downgraded my iphone 4 now. i am back on 6.1.3. what i did? i created a custom ipsw with my saved shshs blobs by sn0wbreze. i installed itunes 10.7 and i ran tinyumbrella server. it wend nice and i am back on 6.1.3. and i am so so happy :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.