Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Hi folks. I just need to give myself some peace of mind. I installed the GM version of iOS 7 on my 4S last week. I backed up the phone on the computer, and when I got the 5S I restored that back up to the the new phone. I am worried because it was a GM version, and that I backed up that data, that it might be corrupted. Could someone smart enough let me know that a back up is a back up, and that I'll be fine? Or not fine? I've been debating about doing a full restore.

Thanks.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Hi folks. I just need to give myself some peace of mind. I installed the GM version of iOS 7 on my 4S last week. I backed up the phone on the computer, and when I got the 5S I restored that back up to the the new phone. I am worried because it was a GM version, and that I backed up that data, that it might be corrupted. Could someone smart enough let me know that a back up is a back up, and that I'll be fine? Or not fine? I've been debating about doing a full restore.

Thanks.

The GM is the exact same version as the final release aka the version installed on your 5S. It is NOT a beta, so the data is not corrupted in any way.

dylzen

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2013
I had problems when restoring a beta 6 backup onto the final release. The first time the backup was restored it the phone wouldn't get past the Apple logo. It worked the second time though.

You should be fine restoring a GM backup onto an iOS 7 final because as the other guys mentioned it's the same version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.