Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

briancomputer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
I noticed this when I downloaded ios7 on my 4s and when I went to usage it showed I had 5.3GB of saved text messages but I always delete my text messages so why is iPhone saving all these in SMS and using all this space. As a result I needed to upgrade to a 32GB iPhone 5s from a 16GB because its using all this space for text messages I deleted already and my phone is always full. U can not find these with search on iPhone either. I know I can restore from cloud but I will lose all my app settings. Apple needs to fix this. Thanks for any help to get rid of text messages I dont have on my phone to free up space.

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
]I had this problem with my iPhone 5. I restored through iTunes this evening, then used my iCloud back up, so no "clean" restore. All the saved message data is gone, minus what is actually only phone right now. I didn't have to lose all my settings, apps, pictures, etc. I have no idea why this worked, but it did. I have since done a hard reset a couple times, and the previously saved message data is still gone.[

briancomputer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
]I had this problem with my iPhone 5. I restored through iTunes this evening, then used my iCloud back up, so no "clean" restore. All the saved message data is gone, minus what is actually only phone right now. I didn't have to lose all my settings, apps, pictures, etc. I have no idea why this worked, but it did. I have since done a hard reset a couple times, and the previously saved message data is still gone.[

Yeah I have done this and didnt work for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.