Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3lite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2011
So in my state you have to pay $15 annually for a personalized license plate. Is there a fee for only personalized license plates or annually for ever license plates?

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Let's start with what country, then we can move onto what state, and then maybe we can help. There may also be a website to visit or a phone number to call, which may give you more accurate information...:)

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Let's start with what country, then we can move onto what state, and then maybe we can help.

Now, now...

There are only a handful of places that uses the dollar and have their areas divided into "states" :) That being said, a specific state might be helpful.

emseven

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
It's $50 to order in California and every year they add $40 to registration for as long as you have the plate.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
So off the top of my head, the US, Mexico and Australia are divided up into states and use the $ sign, so at a bare minimum, there are 87 different states, all with different laws regarding license plates, that you could possibly be living in. You're going to have to be a bit more specific.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Vanity plates in California carry an annual fee (as emseven said) as do specialized plates in Iowa and Minnesota.

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
The renewal and new fee for speciality plates in Ohio is $50 in addition to the cost of the "normal" renewal. Frankly it’s a huge crock of **** as far as I am concerned.

The new fee part does not so much bother me but the renewal feed is what really upsets me.

And yes, I do have speciality plates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.