Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhazonUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
On the iPhone 5 the volume limit on the headphones was way too low for my liking, probably about 66% of what the 4 and 4S managed. Has this been fixed/changed on the 5S? I want to buy a 5S but if it still has the low volume level then it might be enough to stop me from buying one.

gatech2

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2011
I been wondering same thing about volume.
Maybe later we can visit our carrier store and test.

Erhony

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2013
one gets better one gets worse

Are you guys death as I've found the 5 sound more than enough. Remember you are a long time death if you lose it.

Actually yes there is a big difference, unfortunately big loss in the volume output between 4 and 5 models.
It might be well enough when listened in a closed, quiet premises but in crowded areas you hear the outer noise. It also becomes worse if you are listening an audio book or something involving speech . Ironically apple put yellow and red bits in the volume bar like its dangerously loud.

I personally got my brand new 5s and jailbroke it.

I am looking for a solution in the jailbreak tweeks , there is few and as far as I know Volume Amplifier seems to be most favoite one but it didn't work for me on the headphones and managed to increase the speaker voice but distored after few bars.

You might want to take a look at this :)
http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/02/iphone-vs-rivals-audio-tests/

derbyshire2013

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
East Midlands
In the EU they've implemented legislation over the past few years to stop people listening to their music too loudly and becoming deaf from it.

Is Volume Limit disabled under your settings? Settings>Music>Volume Limit?

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
the speaker is the is the loudest on the 5, I know this isn't the same as headphone volume but its good to know that they are improving the audio experience.

watch this video clip, someone uses a decibel meter on all versions of iPhone (up to iPhone 5).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj00250Hrrs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.