Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MySharona

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Hi,

I am still on IOS 6 and thinking of upgrading to IOS 7. However, I see where notifications will sync across all devices. I have two devices, both iPhone 4, mine is on IOS 6 and the other for my son is on IOS 7, we have two different phone numbers and email addresses of course, but on both phones we use the same apple id so I can use the tracking feature for find my iphone just incase he loses his phone. How do I prevent notifications to my phone from either third party apps or stock apps that we share in common from popping up on his phone? This includes any messages, or imessages meant for me, from popping up on his phone? I know I can clear those notifications and they will clear across all devices using the same apple login, but I would rather not have to worry about always clearing stuff right away that is not meant for him.

Thank you

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
I don't think anything will change. The sync feature you are referring to only deals with clearing existing notifications across multiple devices. It won't somehow add additional notifications to either of your phones that you aren't already getting. It currently only seems to work with the iMessage and Mail apps though.

Have you considered using separate Apple IDs and just logging in as your son to Find My Phone on the web if you ever needed to? The point I'm making is, you should ideally try and find a setup that lets you both use the latest version of iOS!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.