Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seabeach

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
I just upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 7 and everything went well until it tried to boot for the first time. It briefly shows the "Update Complete" page with the "slide to configure" at the bottom then immediately restarts and goes back to the Apple screen, vibrates, then eventually shows the "Update Complete" again, then restarts...
I've tried turning the phone off and it allowed that once but then it immediately and automatically comes back on; starting the same loop again.
I'd be content to restore iOS 6... but can't get out of this loop.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
I just upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 7 and everything went well until it tried to boot for the first time. It briefly shows the "Update Complete" page with the "slide to configure" at the bottom then immediately restarts and goes back to the Apple screen, vibrates, then eventually shows the "Update Complete" again, then restarts...
I've tried turning the phone off and it allowed that once but then it immediately and automatically comes back on; starting the same loop again.
I'd be content to restore iOS 6... but can't get out of this loop.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DFU and restore. Since Apple blocked iOS 6, so you stuck with iOS 7

Nyy8

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2011
New England
Like the person above said, DFU restore.

Unless you have SSH blobs (if you don't know what they are, you don't have them) You can't do back to 6.1.3/6.1.2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.