Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dardares

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Hi,

My MBP of late 2011 hard drive just died. So, i've buy new one, and put it into my MBP. The computer show grey screen, and so, indicate that not boot device. So, i've go to the boot menu of MBP(whit the alt key pressed at startup). So, the mac let met option to select and connect to my wifi network, so i've connected to it. After, an option of Internet Recovery appear, but it the only one. So, i've used it, and after few moment, MBP indicate : apple.com/support -6003f. That its. Nothing to do. I've try Ethernet connexion instead of Wifi, but is the same issues.

I can't understand that is the only option to recovers my mac, so i've search on many forum, try to make usb key, trying to download Mac OS X 10.8(that i've buy last year), and burn it onto dvd whit many tutorial found on internet, but nothing seem to work, my mac won't recognise my DVD or my USB key. The only other computer that i have, is a PC whit Windows 8, so i don't have any other mac.

Thank you so much of your help, very appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.