Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ios-nwgeek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
I have a Verizon iPhone 4s recently upgraded to iOS 7. I'm an IT engineer who's on call and started a new job last week with a company that doesn't provide company phones like a blackberry. So now I get tons of company email alerts, text messages, and phone calls both private and for work. I always have my phone switched to vibrate to filter out the noise of generic emails/texts/phone calls, but I also need to be able to configure specific emails sent from our network monitoring servers, text messages from my teammates and alerting devices, as well as phone calls from our internal tech support to be sent with sound. Ideally I also need to be able to configure alert options in an "On-call" profile I can switch on so that I can configure alert repeats and the most annoying noise I can find so I don't sleep through network pages.. But I still want to be able to keep the default vibrate for everyone else and everything else.. How do I create a custom sound/vibration profile per app, SMS text, phone, or email contact? In blackberry's, you can easily create different profiles to switch back/forth and configure each app/text/phone option to either a sound option or vibrate. iPhone seems to be all vibrate or all sound, with little to no options to mix/match the two.. If Apple ever hopes to truly capture the enterprise market blackberry has, this is the most standard and essential feature on blackberries for IT professionals.. If I have to buy a third-party app for this, so be it. But I've been searching for hours and found nothing that creates customized sound/vibrate profiles for iPhone like this (minus jailbreaking your phone, but I shouldn't have to jailbreak a $699 "smartphone" for simple sound/vibrate/alert options like this..).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.